• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS 48" vyper

I tried responding to the last post a couple times and the messages don't seem to go through.. Lets see if this gets posted... basically, I will keep trying to get a fuse from 3DHS. I also need to review the downline hazards of stalling from Scott's book.. Maybe try to contact him to get his inputs on how to avoid a staill on a downline in the wind with the Vyper 48"..

Hi GYRO / Snowdog/ Yowzilla,
I am getting back with you after having several rounds of email with Aaron from 3DHS. They don't sell the fuselages separately for 48" Vypers. His guess about my crash was a snap on the downline pullout, but not sure why. Could have been local turbulence or a "non-obvious" reason.. will never really know.

I came close to pushing the button for another Vyper 48" but I am going to run some experiments with my SHP with a Guardian in it to see if it can stabilize roll during dowline pullouts.. I would like some type of insurance on a Vyper 48" before anymore downlines with a swept-wing plane.. too expensive..

I plan to get a couple of 6S 5000Ah LiPo's for my old 55.5" Extra260 and fly it for awhile.. Appreciate all your inputs on LiPo brands.. I will survey our Austin HCAM club for their experiences with a 5AH range 6S LiPo. If I can get 100 cycles out of one, I guess paying $114 for a Glacier 45C would be worth it.. Yowzilla, I did not see a Thor 6S larger than 4400 when I was researching.. I see GenAce 5300 30C's also for $115. Hopefully I can find something that will not puff after 15 or 20 cycles like the NanoTechs did. After scouring the web I found several additional guidelines that I will try to follow for break-in, charging & storage.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Thanks for the update Jamie, glad you got ahold of one of their team pilots to help you troubleshoot.

Just throwing this out there, but if you buy glaciers from [MENTION=2589]GaryBuddyRc[/MENTION] and they puff after 15 cycles of 3D airplane use, I'll buy them back from you... I'm that confident in their products.

Ahblair4

70cc twin V2
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392509144.184754.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392509160.912633.jpg
Traded an rc truck for her!

gyro

GSN Contributor
She's my hangar queen :) this photo shoot was rare. I've only raced a few 60" planes with her

I flew the SNOT out of my Vyper at the LVSC when I was in Vegas until '12. Was very comfy with LOW Knife Edge passes down the runway with that plane.

Ahblair4

70cc twin V2
I flew the SNOT out of my Vyper at the LVSC when I was in Vegas until '12. Was very comfy with LOW Knife Edge passes down the runway with that plane.

I plan to fly it 3d on the deck this weekend :) I just hate flying inverted