• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D 20cc Giles 202 Profile

Alky6

150cc
I think I got it. Will try again in the morning. Created a viewport that is 34 x 185, brought the drawing up to 1:1 in the viewport and will print it again from there. I'm willing to expect 1/4-1/2" off but 3" is too much.

Don't accept a 1/4" either. In your viewport double click to get to model space. Type "zoom" then type "1/1xp" and hit enter - that will give you a 1:1 scale within your viewport. You can use "pan" to move the viewport around, but don't scroll your mouse button. Then either lock the viewport or click the button in the lower right part of the screen to toggle back to paper space. Obviously, if you wanted a 1/10 scale you would type "1/10xp"

BalsaDust

I'm using autocad 2017 so while on layout 1 all I had to do was select 1:1 then go to paper space and it locked it there.

Alky6

150cc
You may also wish to break up the drawing into several viewports to make the drawing size more manageable.

Alky6

150cc
I'm using autocad 2017 so while on layout 1 all I had to do was select 1:1 then go to paper space and it locked it there.
Interesting. Are you sure you are not selecting 1:1 in the page management setup screen? Two different things.

BalsaDust

Ok this is great I am all in. Cannot wait to see how this all comes together. Have just enough cad experience to get me into trouble. Would do the design part and then had the cad office put it into a drawing and make it work. This is exciting, have my first of many questions to come and hopefully can also add to the end result, thanks for doing this. Question what is the wing profile and the amount of % is the aero foil .

Not sure I follow the question. Airfoil is either a naca 0015 or 0018 can't remember which I settled on when this project started almost a year ago. What do you meen by the second half of your question.

BalsaDust

Thought about doing different viewports but for me right now it was easier to do just one. When I send out plans it will prolly be 3 PDF files. One that is the wing, one the fuse and stab, and third would be just cut parts.

I will take a pic once I get home of how I have it setup.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Not sure I follow the question. Airfoil is either a naca 0015 or 0018 can't remember which I settled on when this project started almost a year ago. What do you meen by the second half of your question.
You answered the question naca 15. Thanks

BalsaDust

Interesting. Are you sure you are not selecting 1:1 in the page management setup screen? Two different things.

What version of autocad are you using??? I'm gonna send you the file to look over. Currently all my stuff is saved a a 2013 file so don't know if I need to re save and an older version for you or not.

BalsaDust

Hopefully you got my email with the plans. I reprinted them this morning but don't have a tape measure to check them with near me. Will check them when I go on lunch break.