• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

110" TIMBER Assembly Thread

Which Gas Engine will you use!?!?

• Total voters
I went stock.
Once you put the whole plane together rock the wings. You’ll see them working. They could be a bit lighter but with the geometry not being perfect you don’t want them too loose. Check out my you tube videos beach flying and you’ll see them in action.

Dang! -Right after posting the question, I found Tim Hintz @ FlyingRC.net acvising repacing the spring with rubberband. So I cut the springs and replaced it with rubberbands... It did not work well, so need to find stonger rubberbands!!! :mad:

(Thanks for your video, seen it before, and it was actually one of the main reason for choosing Timber and not the XCub! -Great flying!!)

I was literally just about to ask the same question. I just mounted my motor yesterday, (those blazing star stand offs worked like a charm!) I’m glad I’m not the only one asking all the questions! My gear still seem so stiff! I’m already thinking of ways to modify it with piston shocks or something. Part of my reason for getting this plane was to have more fun playing around with the STOL capability and having the safeguard with articulating gear. We shall see if they work like I had hoped.

FlyingClint, Tim Hintz at FlyingRC.net have this article how to make it more soft... https://www.flyingrc.net/makebungees.html
Note that I did it, and as I said in my previous reply to AKNick, you need to approach this carefully/wisely as you need to find the right rubberband.. the one I installed didnt work well..

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Dang! -Right after posting the question, I found Tim Hintz @ FlyingRC.net acvising repacing the spring with rubberband. So I cut the springs and replaced it with rubberbands... It did not work well, so need to find stonger rubberbands!!! :mad:

(Thanks for your video, seen it before, and it was actually one of the main reason for choosing Timber and not the XCub! -Great flying!!)

Thanks!

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
One thing I’ll say, if you are using a 50cc engine, I’d keep it OEM. The reason being ground clearance is vital for the props survival. I wish I had a TIG welder to make my own gear 4” taller. Dreaming always dreaming

One thing I’ll say, if you are using a 50cc engine, I’d keep it OEM. The reason being ground clearance is vital for the props survival. I wish I had a TIG welder to make my own gear 4” taller. Dreaming always dreaming

...thats a very good point. Tim Hintz installed a DLE35.. huge difference in weight vs a RCGF56cc... double-dang!

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Been flying the Timber for last two days. At long last managed to get the plane to the field. Great flyer love the way it handles good and does everything well and is very aerobic. Just needs a lot of elevator trim for the flaps, keep adding and still not enough up 30% and going will get to the correct amount soon.
Just one thing the 40cc XPWR is great and more than enough it will prop hang all day and pull out well but the 6 minute flight time is going to be a problem. Still flying it like a new plane and not flying it hard at-all and not much full throttle. And I am landing with 29% battery power left after full 6 minutes. Will keep playing with it for a while but I think there will be and engine change soon. This type of plane needs more flying time it’s not a hot 3D plane .

Last edited:

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Been flying the Timber for last two days. At long last managed to get the plane to the field. Great flyer love handles good and does everything well and is very aerobic. Just needs a lot of elevator trim for the flaps, keep adding and still not enough up 30% and going will get to the correct amount soon.
Just one thing the 40cc XPWR is great and more than enough it will prop hang all day and pull out well but the 6 minute flight time is going to be a problem. Still flying it like a new plane and not flying it hard at and not much full throttle. And I am landing with 29% battery power left after full 6 minutes. Will keep playing with it for a while but I think there will be and engine change soon. This type of plane needs more flying time it’s not a hot 3D plane .

Very good report! Been waiting for your thoughts on it.
Bigger batteries?

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
They are 5000 mAh cannot fit bigger in the location unless they get longer but if they grow in any other direction it will not fit.

Dang. That’s a lot of juice. I fly two-three Times that long on one tank of gas...
what was the OAW of the plane?