• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

10cc 3D gasser --- An exercise with a VH Sabre-X 51" and a Evolution 10GX

Maiden flight added to flight videos post. Broke the tailwheel as the battery in the back was probably just too much and it was tail heavy. Probably fix it Sunday and fly it again on Monday as I have to work over the weekend.

[video=youtube;63pyLgdvmIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63pyLgdvmIA[/video]

gyro

GSN Contributor
Maiden flight added to flight videos post. Broke the tailwheel as the battery in the back was probably just too much and it was tail heavy. Probably fix it Sunday and fly it again on Monday as I have to work over the weekend.

[video=youtube;63pyLgdvmIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63pyLgdvmIA[/video]

Congrats on your second maiden from yesterday! Looks like it had plenty of power for normal flying, can't wait to see if it'll 3D!

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
Very cool project. Engine seems to have good power, smooth as well.

Sometimes hard to tell from a video but the plane seems pitchy and doesn't look to float very well. Is the CG set where you like it?

I mentioned before it was too far aft on C of G. You can also hear it in the video as Ray and I are having that discussion and I did the two 45 tests. I put in a smaller battery and then I noticed the tail wheel bracket broke, end of flying for that day. Monday we are going back out so I hope I break in the motor so I can use the 13" props. This was a master airscrew 11x7 wood.

It was a lot lighter feeling that my suped up Katana. I was just holding on for this flight as it was a pretty exciting maiden as you can see. The throttle feels nice and you see how easy it was to tune.

I will get more video once I get it dialed in. Cody says he wants to fly it so if we can capture that you can see what it is capable of doing.

Last edited by a moderator:

njswede

150cc
Just spoke to horizon hobby here at the Toledo show and they are following this thread with great interest. I just though that was pretty cool!

Just spoke to horizon hobby here at the Toledo show and they are following this thread with great interest. I just though that was pretty cool!

I wish I knew that. I was going to go there yesterday (I work in the airline business), but I talked myself out of it and did a flying day instead. I also flew 3 flights on my H9 Katana I stuffed a GT22 into. I just got the GPS for the Spektrum stuff and I bet it does over 100 mph. I just wish it had more elevator authority, but I have a plan to remedy that.

Cody and I talked yesterday about the 15cc project and it looks like the EF 60" Edge is the front runner at the moment. I have already had an electric one and we both think it handles weight the best. I also know there is the ability to stuff full size servos in the tail for counterweight.

Here are some Picts of the Katana. I guess I should put these up on a thread for that plane. I did that project back in December. Here she is next my Mintor 22 powered Velox for comparison.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365280057.128879.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365280072.995683.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365280041.130072.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365280041.130072.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 303
Last edited by a moderator:

Steve_B

70cc twin V2
What does the Sabre-X weigh with e power?.. I'd guess about 3 1/2 lb?

So 'over 5lb' will probably made 3D flying a real challenge, no?