• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Discussion 100cc setup

Nalby

50cc
If you were getting a 100cc airframe (say 108" 3dhs extra330lt )how would you outfit it?

I was thinking of:
gp123
smoothpipes or proflows ( have to have cans at my club on anything bigger than 85cc )
4 savox 1270's on ailerons
2 savox 1270's elev
1 savox 2231 on rudder
2 futaba 7008 rec
2 lipos
ibec

how does it sound I could really use some opinions

thanks Jim

gyro

GSN Contributor
If you're going to go savox, throw some 2231 on the elevators too. Lotsa torque is nice.

If you were going Hitec, I'd recommend the same stuff I just put into my 104" extra:
4x HS-7954SH on ailerons, and 3x HS-7950TH on elevators and rudder.

Gp123 is awesome, love mine! 29x9W is obscene. :D

3dRCparts.com

70cc twin V2
If I were to do my 104 over again I would do the following

DA120
proflows
bls172hv all around
smartfly eq10
2x 2s lipos
6.6v life on ignition

gyro

GSN Contributor
If I were to do my 104 over again I would do the following

DA120
proflows
bls172hv all around
smartfly eq10
2x 2s lipos
6.6v life on ignition

I've heard good things about those servos, but I also know my Hitec HSB-9370TH are just as nice :)

3dRCparts.com

70cc twin V2
Those do look nice, but after my problems with 7950th and the "need for signal boosters" I will not be buying any more hitec servos.

MKS777 also look promising, but not enough data on those yet

gyro

GSN Contributor
Those do look nice, but after my problems with 7950th and the "need for signal boosters" I will not be buying any more hitec servos.

MKS777 also look promising, but not enough data on those yet

The Hitec brushless series don't need signal boosters. I've got about a years worth of flying on mine, with no issues. I got mine before they started including the cool capacitors, and I even used them with a powersafe rx (granted, I had a fromeco
DCUP installed)

Either way, I think they're pretty awesome.

AKfreak

150cc
%#Futaba BLS172HV= WOW! $250 a pop. Insane! 7x$250=$1750

Last edited by a moderator:

Nalby

50cc
This is great keep the suggestions coming. The reason I am going with savox is because I already have 4 1270's I guess I'll use them in the wings and get some 2231's in the tail. Do you think I can get away with 1-2231 on the rudder? How about a throttle servo?

I have another question I was planing on using a wolverine sw with 4 outputs into 2-futaba 7008 receivers do you think this will be ok? also what size lipo's should I use?
This will probably take me all winter to build as I am real low on funds right now. I guess I can wait until the big sales around thanksgiving and the other winter holidays lol

gyro

GSN Contributor
This is great keep the suggestions coming. The reason I am going with savox is because I already have 4 1270's I guess I'll use them in the wings and get some 2231's in the tail. Do you think I can get away with 1-2231 on the rudder? How about a throttle servo?

I have another question I was planing on using a wolverine sw with 4 outputs into 2-futaba 7008 receivers do you think this will be ok? also what size lipo's should I use?
This will probably take me all winter to build as I am real low on funds right now. I guess I can wait until the big sales around thanksgiving and the other winter holidays lol

For all the flights that I had Savox in my 104, I had a single SB-2231 on the rudder. Worked perfect.

Just my advice, but on a big plane like this, I personally like a power box. Wolverine is perfect for 50-60cx (where I have them).

I'm using a RCCSKJ Power Board on my 104 and it works awesome.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409575775.188989.jpg

It's got a really cool adjustable voltage output, and a digital display that shows your batts voltage, so you know if you need to charge or fly.

You can get one at [MENTION=2470]RedwingRC[/MENTION]

Nalby

50cc
For all the flights that I had Savox in my 104, I had a single SB-2231 on the rudder. Worked perfect.

Just my advice, but on a big plane like this, I personally like a power box. Wolverine is perfect for 50-60cx (where I have them).

I'm using a RCCSKJ Power Board on my 104 and it works awesome.
View attachment 28449

It's got a really cool adjustable voltage output, and a digital display that shows your batts voltage, so you know if you need to charge or fly.

You can get one at [MENTION=2470]RedwingRC[/MENTION]

That sounds like a nice unit how does it compare to the smart-fly stuff?Also what kind of batts are you running and how many flights are you getting.
forgive all the questions but this is my first 100cc plane and I want to get the right stuff to try to avoid mechanical failures.