• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

ZDZ 90, Install into new EF 94" MXS

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Luv your engine installs! Very nice! And shame to me......still have not mounted the DA 70 to the extra yet!

But I got a wifi hot spot now at the house so I can drool over your pics:big-grin:.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Some custom work done on the scheme. Servos installed. Just need to wrap up wiring, install the wheel pants and drill the prop that just showed up today. B&E graphics shipped today so we'll have those Sat. or Monday. Also posted pics of the canopy tinting process. Just did a light tint on this one:

image013.jpg

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 319
  • image002.jpg
    image002.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 291
  • image003.jpg
    image003.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 326
  • image004.jpg
    image004.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 346
  • image005.jpg
    image005.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 315
  • image006.jpg
    image006.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 327
  • image007.jpg
    image007.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 291
  • image008.jpg
    image008.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 273
  • image009.jpg
    image009.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 299
  • image010.jpg
    image010.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 291
  • image011.jpg
    image011.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 312
  • image012.jpg
    image012.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 288

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
The plane is big and as you said power is way more than enough..... but......Do you think you would consider a can or pipe later on?

Would you have enough ground clearance for a 28 inch prop?

Those control surfaces are so huge just imagine the thrust vectoring that could be had at lower rpm's with a large diameter prop.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
The plane is big and as you said power is way more than enough..... but......Do you think you would consider a can or pipe later on?

Would you have enough ground clearance for a 28 inch prop?

Those control surfaces are so huge just imagine the thrust vectoring that could be had at lower rpm's with a large diameter prop.

I will NEVER do a pipe, just does not fit my flying style and I can't stand the "jump" in the middle when doing low and slow 3D. No need for a canister anywhere I fly so it just costs too much money for a changed exhaust tone. It will need a 28x9 prop after I get a couple gallons through it. I understand they are ripping a 28x9.5 even at elevation. I will have clearance, but I will likely change out the gear regardless, it is nice gear but I don't see it taking lots of harrier landings with an extra pound on the nose.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I will NEVER do a pipe, just does not fit my flying style and I can't stand the "jump" in the middle when doing low and slow 3D. No need for a canister anywhere I fly so it just costs too much money for a changed exhaust tone. It will need a 28x9 prop after I get a couple gallons through it. I understand they are ripping a 28x9.5 even at elevation. I will have clearance, but I will likely change out the gear regardless, it is nice gear but I don't see it taking lots of harrier landings with an extra pound on the nose.

Cool Terry. Looking forward to some vid when you get it completed.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Well, I got it done except for wheel pants install. I had to take it out in front of the shop and fire it up. All I can say is WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!! This thing runs like a top, I had re-set the needles to 1.5 and 1.5+ and it runs super glass smooth and spools up like crazy. I'd can honestly say that the low end idle is likely more smooth than a DA60! I need to tune the H needle a little more and it'll be ready to rock.

Probably get out on Saturday for a maiden flight or a few.