• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Your Package Arrived Smashed!!

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
So here we go.... yet another smashed package. UGH..... I bought my son a PAU 42% Edge 540 for Christmas. He was so excited, (as was I) when we received the call that it had arrived at the LHS. We rush down there and much to my surprise, my friend and owner of the store greeted me with a grimace on his face. I knew...this could not be good. That beautifully constructed and most bodacious looking aircraft had arrived with a HUGE gaping hole punched in the side of the wing panel box. The shipping company even tried to conceal it with a bunch of tape put over the hole. Once opened, We discovered that the leading edge of the right wing about ten inches off the root rib was literally crushed. Like someone had run over it with a fork lift tire or something. That totally sucked to see the look on my sons face. But.... my hat is off and giving two thumbs up to Herve. He took my call and immediately got the ball rolling in taking care of this unfortunate and most out of form plane crushing. :way_to_go:

3Dchief

70cc twin V2
I guess my experience today was better with Fedex, charger arrived undamaged and works awesome! Not only did Redwing RC do an awesome job of packing it, but it comes in its own custom aluminum case, so it would have taken a lot to damage it.:attaboy:

Mikeq

150cc
So here we go.... yet another smashed package. UGH..... I bought my son a PAU 42% Edge 540 for Christmas. He was so excited, (as was I) when we received the call that it had arrived at the LHS. We rush down there and much to my surprise, my friend and owner of the store greeted me with a grimace on his face. I knew...this could not be good. That beautifully constructed and most bodacious looking aircraft had arrived with a HUGE gaping hole punched in the side of the wing panel box. The shipping company even tried to conceal it with a bunch of tape put over the hole. Once opened, We discovered that the leading edge of the right wing about ten inches off the root rib was literally crushed. Like someone had run over it with a fork lift tire or something. That totally sucked to see the look on my sons face. But.... my hat is off and giving two thumbs up to Herve. He took my call and immediately got the ball rolling in taking care of this unfortunate and most out of form plane crushing. :way_to_go:

Man that sucks...and the fact that they tried to hide the damage makes it even worse...I know in recent years when we receive shipments at work we pretty much uncrate everything looking for concealed damage and if we find it the shipment gets refused..I know many of these trucking companies wont cover the damage if the shipment was signed for uninspected when received.. Glad you got it handled expeditiously...

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Man that sucks...and the fact that they tried to hide the damage makes it even worse...I know in recent years when we receive shipments at work we pretty much uncrate everything looking for concealed damage and if we find it the shipment gets refused..I know many of these trucking companies wont cover the damage if the shipment was signed for uninspected when received.. Glad you got it handled expeditiously...
Thanks Mike.... I just want them to get it right for my son.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Been looking at that plane myself...has you son given any thought on the set up yet?
Funny you should ask....we were just talking on the phone about that very thing. He is going with a DLE 222 four cylinder, I suggested the Savox 2231SG, but he is a DIE HARD Hitec young man. He is going with the HS 7980's on the rudder. Push/Pull arraignment, HS 7954SH on all other surfaces. Smart Fly Power Expander Pro, TDRC Mulitplex harnesses throughout, Falcon 32x12 CF Prop, No Limitz Spinner. It should be quite the plane once he is done. He is soooo excited. Sure makes my heart happy when my kids are happy ya know?

Mikeq

150cc
Funny you should ask....we were just talking on the phone about that very thing. He is going with a DLE 222 four cylinder, I suggested the Savox 2231SG, but he is a DIE HARD Hitec young man. He is going with the HS 7980's on the rudder. Push/Pull arraignment, HS 7954SH on all other surfaces. Smart Fly Power Expander Pro, TDRC Mulitplex harnesses throughout, Falcon 32x12 CF Prop, No Limitz Spinner. It should be quite the plane once he is done. He is soooo excited. Sure makes my heart happy when my kids are happy ya know?

Rob sure sounds like it...I like that set up...not familiar with the No Limitz Spinner but he can't go wrong with those Hitec servos... got a lot of airtime myself with Hitec and they have earned my confidence... Never tried Savox ..uh... you can be my guinea pig on those...hehe ...Is he going with the JR tx also?