• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Your Opinion-This is not a "Which radio is best" thread!!!

Mikeq

150cc
Thanks for the reply Rob...nice to see your thoughts...It's kinda reminiscent of the Jr Spek split. Both good radios but if you jump trains you need to do it slowly over time that way it's easier on the old wallet. I didn't know the Hitec receivers were so cheap/inexpensive I mean compared to others. It seems that alone would be a big selling feature for Hitec.. I came real close to purchasing a Hitec when I got pissed at JR but instead got a good deal on my Futaba . Hitec is really not that prevalent in our part of the country compared to other brands.

yakken

100cc
So far, I have the XG 11 installed in the PAU300 using the RG1131B rx. I've got 9 flights on the PAU now and I really like how it performs. I plan to move it to my more expensive planes as time goes on. Especially the Sukhoi, the 260 and the Hempel. It feels really comfortable in my hands, the sticks are ultra silky smooth and once you get acquainted with the menu, it is actually pretty easy to navigate. I really like the styling of the radio also. Still not real clear on a few settings but I am sure I will figure them out. As for the 9X, the really gratifying features are the menu is exceptionally easy to navigate and understand. My 8 year old grandson could program the Hitec. It also feels really good in my hands. The sticks don't have the "feel" that the JR has, but still very smooth and very precise. Two things I like on the Hitec over the JR is the sliders on the back of the radio. The 9X just really fits well and are very accessible. The JR are a little "odd" feeling. To me that is. The other thing is the price of the rx's. Ultra inexpensive. 69 bucks for a 9 channel Optima 9. While the JR is nearly twice that price with only two more channels. The 9X is a very hungry radio though. With the two processors onboard, it eats a 2000 mah lipo in about 2 hours. A 2600 Li-Ion in about 2.5. The 1300 mah Nimh that is supplied with the radio won't last an hour and a half. The XG 11 is supplied with a 6.4 Life 1400 mah 2s battery. It holds for a solid 3 hours before I see a noticeable drop in volts. Both radios have great telemetry packages. Overall, both radios have the same useable features with the JR having only a slight advantage of some mixes. But nothing I care about. Both have programming features that are well beyond most peoples expectations. Dollar for dollar, they are both awesome radios. I was going to off my Hitec when I got my JR, but I figure it is more cost effective to phase out the Hitec slowly. I am most definitely not a radio wizard but from my own experience with both radios, this is what I have found.
Hit me up when your ready to sell the a9x.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Thanks for the reply Rob...nice to see your thoughts...It's kinda reminiscent of the Jr Spek split. Both good radios but if you jump trains you need to do it slowly over time that way it's easier on the old wallet. I didn't know the Hitec receivers were so cheap/inexpensive I mean compared to others. It seems that alone would be a big selling feature for Hitec.. I came real close to purchasing a Hitec when I got pissed at JR but instead got a good deal on my Futaba . Hitec is really not that prevalent in our part of the country compared to other brands.
You bet Mike. No problem.... Hope it helped.

yakken

100cc
Here are some pics.
uploadfromtaptalk1427322620186.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1427322629400.jpg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I recently upgraded from the a9 to the a9x. I went on a search for a tx battery cause the a9x eats up the stock battery. I found the perfect replacement.
http://www.hobbypartz.com/98p-3500-2s1p-2222-tx.html
That is a true fact. Due to the duel processors, the A9X will swallow a regular battery in nothing flat. I did the same thing as you Monday. Ordered mine from Tail Dragger R/C.
http://www.taildraggerrc.com/plurx-...mah-7-4v-receiver-battery-ultra-power-series/

20150325_172326.jpg

yakken

100cc
I put in six foamie flights and my battery is still 100 percent. With the stock battery it was down in to 70 percent in six flights[emoji106]

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I put in six foamie flights and my battery is still 100 percent. With the stock battery it was down in to 70 percent in six flights[emoji106]
Got six 13 minute flights with the PAU today. By the time I shut the radio off for the last time, it was showing 95%. So glad I upgraded to the Lipo.

Last edited: