• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Yellow Jackets Receiver Packs; What's your preference?

YellowJacketsRC

70cc twin V2
Gyro (Gary Ford) has suggested there is a need for Receiver Packs. I have the ability to supply 2s lipos that are 2500 mAh and only 3C. They are light and inexpensive.

I also can supply 2s lipos that are 25C and up. These come in many different sizes: 1500 mAh, 1800 mAh, 2500 mAh, 3300 mAh and even larger.

Do you guys have a need for any of the above? Anything else you are looking for? What would be your preference for RX packs? 3C or 25c?

yellowjacketsrc.com

gyro

GSN Contributor
Gyro (Gary Ford) has suggested there is a need for Receiver Packs. I have the ability to supply 2s lipos that are 2500 mAh and only 3C. They are light and inexpensive.

I also can supply 2s lipos that are 25C and up. These come in many different sizes: 1500 mAh, 1800 mAh, 2500 mAh, 3300 mAh and even larger.

Do you guys have a need for any of the above? Anything else you are looking for? What would be your preference for RX packs? 3C or 25c?

yellowjacketsrc.com

Thanks for posing this question for everyone Rob!

Personally, I think a receiver pack for High Voltage Servos in a large 50/100cc gasser would need to be 25c to enjoy the power of a LiPo for all those hard maneuvers... However the 3c size still have their place on a smaller plane like supplying HV power on a 60" bird with servos like the HS-7245MG (2s 1500mAh 3C), or even a 30cc bird with some HS-5565MH servos or similar (2s 2500mAh 3C).

So for me, sizes I'd like to see are:

2s 2500mAh/3300mAh 25C with Deans and balance plug for the bigger planes
2s 1500mAh / 2s2500mAh with Deans and two JR servo plugs.

What about the rest of you out there, what do you think?

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
RX packs:
Good idea since you aren't currently offering them now.. This is what I would be interested in.

2s 2500mAh/3300mAh 25C with Deans and balance plug for the bigger planes

Iginition Packs:
I also think think you should consider the advancement of ignition technology and create a few different size packs for the new dle iginitions. I know some people are going to IBEC's but a lot of still perfer to keep rx and iginitions batts seperate. As far as I know know one is focusing on that part of the market. These packs would have to be built with a standard servo plug. My preference would be something in the 2500 mah range.

Hope this helps!

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
It's an interesting topic to say the least. Yes low C rating would be good. To me just the weight difference alone between a nimh versus a comparable lipo can save almost 200 grams or half a pound. I'm not an electrician and don't even try to pretend i know all about this lipo chemistry stuff… I don't but, weight… I understand that. Don't want it and if I can shed nearly half a pound from my rig! That's good news.

[h=1]Lipo
1300mAh 2S 30C[/h]Specifications:

• [*=left]11.1V
    [*=left]Max Charge Rate 5C
    [*=left]Pack Weight 80g
    [*=left]Pack Size 18x35x72mm

[h=4]VS

1500 NiMH 5C 6V 1200mAh Flat Rx Univ
[/h]
  • Type: NiMH
  • Capacity: 1200mAh
  • Voltage: 6.0V