• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

XQ Power Servo's

Rich B

50cc
Just curious if anyone has anything to share on the XQ Power servo's.

Any reported issues with this brand of servo's... centering, ect.

I was looking at possibly purchasing some of the XQ-S4116D's, but wanted to do some homework first.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Just curious if anyone has anything to share on the XQ Power servo's.

Any reported issues with this brand of servo's... centering, ect.

I was looking at possibly purchasing some of the XQ-S4116D's, but wanted to do some homework first.

They are a budget brand... Inferior to Hitec, Futaba, Savox, etc.
That is not to say they don't work, as they do... Just not as well, and not for as long as other options out there.
They generally center well, and perform close to advertised specs. I've heard of some people being both really happy, and some being really unhappy.

IMHO, Servos are one of those things where you get what you pay for :)

Here is a flight demo with them:
[video=youtube_share;EVvP6LKfwwU]http://youtu.be/EVvP6LKfwwU[/video]

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Last year a buddy of mine [MENTION=3711]Patto[/MENTION] got some XQ's for his son's (8 year old Oliver) 50cc slick. After just a couple flights (if I remember right) he has two fail. He replaced them and I think the rest with Hitec. Oliver is not easy on his plane. He flies the heck out of it and these servos couldn't keep up with him. Like gyro said you get what you pay for and sometimes budget items are just that.