• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Xpress builds a 115 AJ Laser - PICTURE HEAVY!

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
You might want to sit down... :oblong::eek:

Full retail on the HSB-9381TH is $189.99... The HS-5565MH is not exactly cheap, but it's not overly expensive at $69.99.

The good news is they are both 25% off at ServoCity all week:

https://www.servocity.com/hsb-9381th-servo#258=24&259

https://www.servocity.com/hs-5565mh-servo
Yes you need to sit down but it looks like quite the servo. It is always so hard to buy servos how much should I pay and will I feel and get the extra that I am paying for. Thanks for the info, be interested to see your comments on the servos as you use them keep us informed.

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Reading up the specifications on the servo everything looks great and better than most but the only thing I cannot find if it is 4096 resolution on the servo. Would you know by any chance.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
All of our brushless servos are 4096 resolution.

I can already tell you that there is no servo on the market today that can hold a candle to the HSB-9380TH. It is the smoothest, most powerful, most efficient, and most precise servo money can buy. Been using them for a while now in my other airplanes.

I should look up the difference between my 9380th's and this model. Either way both are awesome servos.

9381 has a full metal case, that's the only difference compared to the 9380.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Back to it last night. Wind was blowing and the air temps were plummeting so I didn't get much done.

The carb hole is all cleaned up. The miracle dremel drums make quick work of polishing the imperfections.
30697915_10217026419799610_1995717534032068608_o.jpg

Since the carb is inside of the motor box, the only way to access the fuel line is to cut another hole on the bottom side for the fuel inlet access. There's probably some scientific method to accurately find the exact location that you will need to cut, but I used the tried and true TLAR (That Looks About Right) method. As it turns out I was off by about half an inch, so I had to elongate the hole slightly.. :oblong:
30703742_10217026420279622_4707006607039397888_o.jpg

Just more weight savings :cool:

Trying to swing by a hardware store today at some point since I need some hardwares to mount the motor how I like to mount it. My bonded washer assortment also came in so I can at least get the gear cuffs and wheel pants mounted up. There's not much that I'll be able to do after this, aside from mounting engine servos and installing control horns, it's going to be a long wait for the servos I want. :gnashing:

Luchnia

70cc twin V2
Since the carb is inside of the motor box, the only way to access the fuel line is to cut another hole on the bottom side for the fuel inlet access. There's probably some scientific method to accurately find the exact location that you will need to cut, but I used the tried and true TLAR (That Looks About Right) method. As it turns out I was off by about half an inch, so I had to elongate the hole slightly.. :oblong:

Just more weight savings :cool:
You could just do some extra dremel grinding and cutting and throw most of that extra wood away :cool: :D

BalsaDust

Remember @Terryscustom Laser pointer trick for marking holes in your cowl for the high and low speed needles. I'm sure it would do the trick for the fuel line location as well.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Remember @Terryscustom Laser pointer trick for marking holes in your cowl for the high and low speed needles. I'm sure it would do the trick for the fuel line location as well.

The theory is sound, however the laser pointer trick works because you can actually see the needle locations beforehand, and point the laser right on them.

With finding the hole for the fuel inlet, it's a complete guess as you can't really see exactly where it's at prior to drilling a hole. Now that I think of it I probably could've drilled a tiny pilot hole first...

------------------------------------

Placed an order through Taildragger RC this morning for most of the accessories I need to get everything installed and running, and also through Amazon for more supplies.

Last edited: