• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

X bus HELP PLEASE

Off2fly

30cc

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    68.3 KB · Views: 580
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    127.7 KB · Views: 541

Off2fly

30cc
Plans? Did you mean to say Planes? Listen, if you're not going to be helpful... :spongebob:
Joe, I'm trying to set this 55% up and for the life of me I can't get geometry right on the rudder I've moved center point all over and still have 1/4" or more throw one way than the other, thinking I put my rod through rudder in wrong place. Don't you have a Vid somewhere explaining proper linkage set up and control horn? Here' s Video of this beast....Thanks,Vann

Joe Hunt

150cc
Joe, I'm trying to set this 55% up and for the life of me I can't get geometry right on the rudder I've moved center point all over and still have 1/4" or more throw one way than the other, thinking I put my rod through rudder in wrong place. Don't you have a Vid somewhere explaining proper linkage set up and control horn? Here' s Video of this beast....Thanks,Vann

Need more details on what you mean by 1/4" more throw. :) Did you attach a video? I don't see it.

If you're talking about a bolt through the rudder... ain't no wrong place. :) Offset, like greed, is good. haha But, if it is pull/pull you might need one of these to get the non-pulling cable to neither get tight, nor slack:

Attachments

• 20160308_220207.jpg
    20160308_220207.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 518

Off2fly

30cc
Need more details on what you mean by 1/4" more throw. :) Did you attach a video? I don't see it.

If you're talking about a bolt through the rudder... ain't no wrong place. :) Offset, like greed, is good. haha But, if it is pull/pull you might need one of these to get the non-pulling cable to neither get tight, nor slack:
Joe, it's push pull w 3 servo's in the tail, evidently my vid never loaded, I'll try again tonight. Thanks for the help... Thanks, Vann

Off2fly

30cc
I am trying to get rudder to move same degrees in each direction and ultimately servo do the same thing, so I can match the other two servo's to do the same and be linear. But to get the rudder to move same degrees, I end up with travel 100 or so on one direction and say 130 the other direction. I was planning to use Dubro horns on all surfaces and get all these servo's working together BD not fight each other... Is there a formula for putting the 8/32 stud/ horn in the right place to line up correctly with servo? Thanks, Vann

Off2fly

30cc
You have to shorten or lengthen the rod till it throws the same either way.
I have gone from one extreme to other, I can't seem to make it happen..... Never had a problem on other planes( But never tried to get servo's linear as Joe's Vid's either..) maybe me stuuuupid, LoL

Last edited:

yakken

100cc
I have gone from one extreme to other, I can't seem to make it happen..... Never had a problem on other planes( But never tried to get servo's linear as Joe's Vid's either..) maybe stuuuupid, LoL
I havent read the whole thread. But have you checked to make sure your servo arm is traveling the same both directions? End points and sub trim set to zero?