Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

1. GSNadmin

GSNadmin Staff Member

Sorry for your bad experience , I would love to know what you can't find exactly?

Jetpainter likes this.
  2. Zeeb

Zeeb 30cc

It would appear that the old site is back. I have no idea if it's something I could have done with browser configuration but I've not changed any settings and what I saw yesterday was a nightmare.

3. Zeeb

Zeeb 30cc

The old website is up now, I have no idea how I got to the new one nor how the old one showed up today. I did not find an option to switch back yesterday. I was so frustrated just trying to figure out how to navigate the thing let alone the layout which is, IMHO, atrocious that I could have chucked the laptop across the room.

4. GSNadmin

GSNadmin Staff Member

Just so you know it's not really the old website :) but glad your happy now.

5. Robbins

Robbins Team WTFO (Watch The Fun Occur)

IMHO

Old Vs New; A Point of view regarding censorship, courtesy, and disciplinary action.

The old site was great. i also like the new site although I haven't been here since I got kinda pi$$ed off with a former admin. Went back to FG for my fix. All that a good site admin has to do is be the "Bigger Person" and think before editing/removing/calling people out. Kinda like "whoa, that guy shouldn't have said that!" [insert pause here depending on duration could be minutes, could be a day or two] Come back and with a clear head THINK about why the post was bothersome and how people could interpret it.

I know, there is no face to the name with most online. Fact is if we all talked in a group in person we'd probably like each other very much. Some of us might despise each other too... That's when we need to STFU. That's problem #1 of forums all over the net.

Problem 2 is some people have intent to be sarcastic or negative. each has a different meaning. Negativity sucks, sarcasm is funny as HE-Double Hockey Stiks! <again, my Opinion> Without use of emoticons - can lead to misunderstanding and flaming. This can totally change the direction of a topic and derail a good thread.

As a contributor , our responsibilities are the same as a site admin! Think or pause before you type... Send IM's. Interpretation can lead to fallacies. Opinions are what most people have unless they have EXPERIENCE. This site can be great. Just don't torque off the good contributors!

So in conclusion, I'm back... if you want me here I am. If not: say the word I have plenty to do.

6. GSNadmin

GSNadmin Staff Member

Welcome back thanks for your insight, look forward to making this a great site for all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robbins likes this.
  7. ericb

ericb Team WTFO GSN Contributor

We want you!!:afro::brian-banana:

Robbins likes this.
  8. Robbins

Robbins Team WTFO (Watch The Fun Occur)

damn, miss that like button

Cheerio

9. AKNick

AKNick 150cc

Alaska
    @GSNadmin Noticed the sidebar for recent forum posts moved from the homepage? Could we move this back and maybe even make it larger/longer? Also could be nice to highlight some threads from the membership in addition to MAN and product updates? One more thought I've been having is that there seems to be some threads in particular that are used quite frequently and maybe a hot link to those (could be a sub bar) on the home page (Example: "The I'm going out flying thread", and "What did you do in your workshop last night"). Just thoughts, I really like all the hard work you're putting into this site! Thanks!

10. Bartman

Bartman Defender of the Noob!

while we're sharing, that Master Airscrew banner ad is the most annoying thing ever to occupy screen space!

Snoopy1 and HRRC Flyer like this.