• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Wing Bolts

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
I've used the Secraft ones from Aztech, there pretty nice. I drilled a hole in mine for a hitch pin after a buddy of mine had a couple come off. The stud is aluminum so drilling is easy.
View attachment 83569
11009207_10203868033724398_7594844078952126907_n.jpg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Mc master Carr!!!! How about $8 for 100 bolts and usually there in 2 days??

http://www.mcmaster.com/#socket-head-cap-screws/=12zpmeo[/QUO
Or buy wing bolts from Aztech Aero. I have used alot of them over the years, and really like them. Its just a 1/4-20 or 6mm stud and nut.
I've used the Secraft ones from Aztech, there pretty nice. I drilled a hole in mine for a hitch pin after a buddy of mine had a couple come off. The stud is aluminum so drilling is easy.
View attachment 83569

A sh1t been using them for a while nun have come loose up to now, but guess what I will be doing in the next couple of days thanks for the heads up. Though the rubber would hold them tight guess NOT.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
A sh1t been using them for a while nun have come loose up to now, but guess what I will be doing in the next couple of days thanks for the heads up. Though the rubber would hold them tight guess NOT.
Mine have never loosened up, but my flying buddy lost two the day he maidened his 35% Pilot Extra 330SC. One on the first flight which he replaced and checked all the others, and then lost another on the second flight. He didn't have enough thread sticking out to drill his. He never lost another after the first day.

One other thing I did was to JB Weld the studs in the wing. The Chinese blind nuts in the wing were such a sloppy fit I thought it was necessary. Putting a hitch pin in doesn't really do you any good if the stud falls out.;)