• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

White rose brakes

parapup;12326 wrote: I have seen the website and ordered a set. I was just curious to see how people have them mounted. (With or without wheel pants)

i would show you, but i am no longer able to post pics anywhere!!! anyone help me?

these are awesome. i tested them on asphalt on saturday, and wow is all i can say. they really help with taxiing and with landing. i mean, dramatic difference.

on the first landing, it made a little "skid" sound, like the real airplanes make when they land. it did not do that on the second landing i made.

you will really like them!!!

12384=5546-IMG_5815.jpg
12384=5546-IMG_5815.jpg
12384=5547-IMG_5816.jpg
12384=5547-IMG_5816.jpg
12384=5548-IMG_5817.jpg
12384=5548-IMG_5817.jpg

to get wheel pants to fit, i would have to rotate the brakes 90 degrees so that they are between the axle and the ground. i would have to shave the carbon fiber some in the bottom for them to fit in that position. once this is done, then the wheel pants will slide on and off like if the brakes are not there.

one added advantage, not shown on my pictures: these axles are made of titanium, and they are solid. at the end of the axle, there are grooves for E-clips. use two e-clips per groove. ok, added security: the end of the axle is threaded for 6-32 screws, so use a SHCS with a washer, and if the e-clips come off, at least you will not lose your wheel.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I have some pics somewhere, but they are not on this computer. If you look at this video that I made (with the pictures I can't find) at about the 1:55 mark you can see a little of how they are mounted with spats. If I can find the pics I'll post them.

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Here's how I mounted mine with pants on my Raven.

attachment.php
attachment.php

12531=5789-DSC02402.jpg
12531=5789-DSC02402.jpg
12531=5788-DSC02403.jpg
12531=5788-DSC02403.jpg

Nice job guys, I tried to design the brakes to be all things to all people and they almost are :tongue-new:

Earle, how long have you had those wheels? I haven't made them for over 5 years.

All the new 1/4" axles come with the double "C" clip set up. The problem has always been properly installing them and with two per groove it's twice as likely that at least one of them will seat itself properly.

Vern

The rebellion induced proliferation of giant scale web sites may be great for the participants but it is not a blessing for the advertisers, more advertising dollars needed to cover the same customer base.

Mikeq

150cc
ChickenBalls;13584 wrote: I understand Vern, maybe you'll change your mind once GSN has total world domination.
Now you're talking...Once the fire has started it will grow until FG is nothing but faded memories ....