• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Which smoke pump

Best Smoke Pump

• Total voters
I've done smoke on a half dozen different planes, or more. There is certainly some clean up but if the system is setup right I've never found it to be too bad. I'll be doing smoke on my Viper. I'm leaning towards the Powerbox pump but I've had good luck with the Harris in the past.

Decal Dennis

TEAM EP&G
Iv'e never had and issues with Sullivan. If you decide to go with a Sullivan...I have a brand new one I installed in a plane, but never used it.

$55.00 shipped to lower 48. PM me if you're interested

jhelber08

70cc twin V2
Sullivan is only good for WFO and off. Almost no ability to program them for a smooth mix with the throttle which is VERY important. Perfect smoke pump for a warbird IMHO.

Harris was by far my favorite, worth every penny. Holy Smokes looks like a great option as well. I quite with smoke though, very fun but ruined too many planes with it:(

That is what I hated about the sullivan as well so I sold it to a warbird guy :)

I only run smoke on rare occasions cause its a pain. I do do it on like every flight with my jet though, nothing to clean up there but man that thing can eat up some smoke fluid.

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Harris pumps have been trouble free for me. No experience with the others.

Smoke oil residue isn't too bad once you have things set up right. BUT when a hose splits or pops off a fitting having a fuse dripping oil (from the inside) is a REAL PITA!!!!

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Harris pumps have been trouble free for me. No experience with the others.

Smoke oil residue isn't too bad once you have things set up right. BUT when a hose splits or pops off a fitting having a fuse dripping oil (from the inside) is a REAL PITA!!!!
Hey @Pistolera,
Sounds like you typed that from personal experience. :laughing:That had to be a PITA . . . . :I_agree:

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Ahhhh....yep. When you land and taxi in and your plane us dripping smoke oil from various places on the fuse AND it's running down the inside of the canopy you KNOW it's not gonna be pretty!