• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Wheels!

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
That's a great idea @49dimes. Only thing I hate about that style of rims is the "squeak". Seems not matter what they squeak unless you oil them frequently. Would be cool with small bearings!

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
That's a great idea @49dimes. Only thing I hate about that style of rims is the "squeak". Seems not matter what they squeak unless you oil them frequently. Would be cool with small bearings!

I oiled the bushing well. I noted that the bronze bushing will press out fairly easily. And it is oilite bronze! You could soak the bushings in warm 30 weight for an hour to extend their use before having to break out the "zoom spout". Any way they do roll like they do have ball bearings!

witchfingers

70cc twin V2
I decided to do something different. I used 110mm inline skate wheels. You can get them in every color under the sun. The local ski shop only had black and white left.
P1040148.JPG

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Actually is a pretty darn good idea, and with bearings!! Nice looking rims too. What's the scoop on where you got them?

witchfingers

70cc twin V2
You can get them at most sporting goods stores. I actually wanted to try some a few years ago on my smaller planes but never got around to it. I was surprised to find that they have big ones now. Anyways, they have an 8 mm hole in the 608 bearings so I used 5/16 0.d 3/16 i.d polyethylene tubing from the plumbing supply section for the difference. Works good.

witchfingers

70cc twin V2
Obviously you cut the tubing flush with a razor blade. The lock collars are just big enough to hold against the inner race.