• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

What's on your bench?

Bigger flys better, and the DA-120 is unmatched in power. You will want to run either a 28x12 or 27x12TH in Mej. I run a Falcon 27x11 for throttle response. This is the only engine I can say that you don't need every ounce of power out of.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Bigger flys better, and the DA-120 is unmatched in power. You will want to run either a 28x12 or 27x12TH in Mej. I run a Falcon 27x11 for throttle response. This is the only engine I can say that you don't need every ounce of power out of.

I've got a mej 28x10. :D

Never tried the 28 x 10 but if you would like to go faster, the 28 x 12 is probably a better 2 blade prop for the 120. We had a 29 x 10 and it worked well. Nicer for IMAC but for 3D, the 28 x 12 is good. I think some EF dudes were running a smaller 27 x 12 but not sure if it was a Mej prop.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Never tried the 28 x 10 but if you would like to go faster, the 28 x 12 is probably a better 2 blade prop for the 120. We had a 29 x 10 and it worked well. Nicer for IMAC but for 3D, the 28 x 12 is good. I think some EF dudes were running a smaller 27 x 12 but not sure if it was a Mej prop.

The Chris' both had mej 27x12 on theirs in BG last summer. Mine came with the 28x10, so I'll try it first

wade

50cc
3dhs 48" EPP Extra 330sc is now on my bench. Pulling the guts from my 48" EF Yak 54 to put in it, this will hopefully help me get some stick time during the winter

Treat it like a Balsa plane. The internals of the fuse are not easy to fix. It was one of the quickest ARFs I ever put together though.

wade

50cc
It seems as if most of the directions call for welders adhesive or ca. Does one work better than the other? I have all thicknesses of CA on hand, but I am still waiting for shipment of some welders glue. I see what you mean about the inside of the fuse, it's a little tight in there.

gyro

GSN Contributor
It seems as if most of the directions call for welders adhesive or ca. Does one work better than the other? I have all thicknesses of CA on hand, but I am still waiting for shipment of some welders glue. I see what you mean about the inside of the fuse, it's a little tight in there.

The interior of the wings, SFGs, and tail are made of depron, which regular ca will melt.

Be careful with ca on this plane.