Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

what is a motor glider?

Discussion in 'Giant Motor-Gliders' started by dhal22, Dec 19, 2015.

1. dhal22

dhal22 GSN Sponsor Tier 1

Just had to ask.

2. bigblueswope

bigblueswope 100cc

A Radian.

BJ Swope

3. Judge

Judge 70cc twin V2

Here is an example of a motor glider in manned aircraft:

http://www.diamond-air.at/single-engine-aircraft/hk36-super-dimona.html

For models we consider any normal type sailplane with a motor on it a motor glider. We fly them in Altitude Limited Electric Soaring (ALES) of F5J events.

The attached photo is my 4 meter ALES/F5J plane. 4 meter wing span with a Neu 1105/2.5 Y and a 6.7:1 gearbox with a 16 x 10 folding prop. Runs on 3S lipos and weight 56 ounces all up weight ready to fly. 6-servos airplane, aileron x 2, flaps x 2, rudder, elevator.

Attached Files:

bigblueswope likes this.
  4. Bartman

Bartman Defender of the Noob!

all perfectly good answers but when it comes to RC a motor glider can mean one battery pack, a really beautiful day, a beach chair, sunglasses, and the most relaxing hour of RC flying you might ever enjoy in one flight. at least, that's what it means to me. :)

bigblueswope likes this.

5. dhal22

dhal22 GSN Sponsor Tier 1

Excellent. A previously unused forum department now has a conversation.

Alky6 and Wacobipe like this.
  6. Bartman

Bartman Defender of the Noob!

well done!

dhal22 likes this.
  7. Bhughes

Bhughes 70cc twin V2

I just bought a multiplex glider the other day. Wow talk about quality verses the junky parkzone radian.

8. Judge

Judge 70cc twin V2

Here is a model of a very cool manned motor glider. Called the Windex. A frind of mine has a big scale model of this, 4 or 5 meters IIRC,

Attached Files:

9. At present I"m assembling a Roke 1/4 scale Grob 109. It will be powered by a onboard starting Z26 engine.
    DSC02786.JPG