• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

What battery charger u got and why?

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I have the Hyperion Eos 720i super duo3, it's been a great charger,(still is) but if I needed a new charger I think I'd go with Hitec 4, they are on sale most places for $129.99 Fella I fly with has one, and it does everything my hyperion does, for less than half the price.

Keep in mind the Hyperion 720i is a 1000 watt charger, whereas the Hitec X4 is only 50 watts per channel. If all you're charging is smaller 2-3s packs then you won't have problems but getting up to 4s+ is going to take a while to charge depending on capacity.

Phil.Griffin

70cc twin V2
Keep in mind the Hyperion 720i is a 1000 watt charger, whereas the Hitec X4 is only 50 watts per channel. If all you're charging is smaller 2-3s packs then you won't have problems but getting up to 4s+ is going to take a while to charge depending on capacity.
Yep. My experience exactly, with mine. One must have patience when charging larger packs.

So power supplies are getting to be a must in order to charge at a quick rate.

yes they are. If you are going to charge anything big you are going to need a higher wattage power supply. Some chargers allow for 24-36V input for charging so 2 power supplies in series (if they are capable of doing that) can be used. I have a smaller power supply that is rated at 13.8V and 20 amps. That is good for a rated 276 watts but in reality a little lower than that because of heat. My other power supply is rated at 47 amps and handle my 6s packs charging in a parallel board much easier.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
So power supplies are getting to be a must in order to charge at a quick rate.

Yes as mentioned. Some chargers can take up to 48 volts input and those charge in no time flat. My 308 Duo works awesome with a pair of 12v power supplies (series together for 24v) and I can have a set of flight packs for the 88" EF Yak fully charged in 25 minutes.

doublea

100cc
Yes as mentioned. Some chargers can take up to 48 volts input and those charge in no time flat. My 308 Duo works awesome with a pair of 12v power supplies (series together for 24v) and I can have a set of flight packs for the 88" EF Yak fully charged in 25 minutes.
Wow

bob_nj

70cc twin V2
I have 5 Cell Pro chargers.
One reason I like them is because you can charge receiver packs node only.
I use the Multi 4 on my gassers at the field and charge through the switch charge jack.

camss69

70cc twin V2
I also use the Hitec X4-80.. Got it so I can charge both rx packs, the ignition pack and the transmitter all at the same time.. It has been solid so far and for the price with the tower coupons and free shipping I think it's a great deal. I think I got it for $115 shipped or so...

FULLTILT

30cc
Hitec X4 AC is what I use. I wanted one with built in AC power and I can do 4 batteries at a time. I have Li-ion in my gassers and small 3S for my foamies. Works perfectly for my needs.

hrc44167.jpg
I like my hitec x4 also. I also have several Fromeco chargers. All work great.