• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

What about expo?

rcflyer

30cc
Ok guys, I know I'm gonna get a lot of "personal preference", depends on airframe, differs between brands of transmitters, and depends on the particular maneuver kind of answers.

So my question is not "What should I fly"? But rather, what rates, travels, and expos do you prefer on your airplane with your transmitter for 3D style flying?

Signed,

3D wannabe

3D rates for me are max travels, and 65% expo. Liquid expo seems to help others.....

But other rates net me around the 40% value for low, and 50% for mid rates. I use tri rates.

Skyking

New to GSN!
Low Rate=15-20%

Mid Rate=25-30%

High/3D Rate=40-45%

Those are the values I typically start out with. It keeps it soft enough around center that you can still be precise on High/3D rate if need be. It's really about the law of primacy and what you start off using and what you get used to. Those are the values that work for me. But... It's different for everyone.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
As you already said, it all depends.

Everything from the airframe, servos, transmitter/receiver, even stuff like which prop and how much tension is on your tx sticks can make lots of variables.

I tend to start with 30% expo on high rates and then tweak from there, but my preferences differ from everybody else's preferences.

kwj48

70cc twin V2
No high/low rates for me normally. I just set up all the throw I can get. Expo is usually around 25 or 30 %. I do like a little higher expo rate on my rudder than all the other surfaces though.

Pbilt024

70cc twin V2
I usually start out with 30-45-60 for expo on triple rates except the rudder which I just set at 50% expo and all the travel I can get.

BalsaDust

I have been setting my foamy's up with as much throw as I can get in high rates and I normally have my expo up around 40-50% except for the rudder. For some reason I like having no expo at all on the rudder.

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
Since this was asked sometime ago on that other site, I responded with 60%- 65% on everything but rudder, nothing on rudder, not even rates. I read threw and decided to try about 40% on low, and left the high, and stupid rates on 65% (3 position switch) Since taking out some expo on the low rates, my flying on low rates seems crisper/krisper. I'm not moving the sticks and then waiting for plane to react. I may try and back the high rates down to about 50%- 55%.

Low:10-20%

High:30-40%

I rarely use or even setup a low rate rudder.

Any one ever help someone and you get the radio and the plane is so sluggish it's like molasses in winter? People don't realize that's as bad as having the controls to quick.

SlowHuck

Bling, bling for flying things.
I had to set up at an expo once. In the hotel, I asked a bellhop where the exhibit hall was. I guess since he figured he wasn't getting a tip from me, so he directed me to a far corner of the hotel. Bastard!

Wait! What?

Why is everybody pointing and laughing at me?