• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Wendell Hostetler 30% PA-28 Cherokee Build

TonyHallo

150cc
Have the left wing flap cut off and hinged. Once the epoxy cures I'll finish the linkage and finish the sheeting. Found these PWM switches on Banggood, the two on the top are rated for 8 amps, 3-30 volt, these will control the position lights and the flashing beacon. The switch on the bottom is rated 20 amps, 3-30 volt will control the headlight.

IMG_1965.jpg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Hi Tony, still love following your builds.
You are the only person that I know that can help me. Just finished building a Quickee 1000 from scratch it is done and ready to go. So looking for a new project and I believe you are the person. My next plane would like to use a Da100 in-line motor never owed one and I think they sound great. I would like to build a sport scale plane that has retractable gear. Need something that will take awhile to build. Can you help and make a suggestion please.

TonyHallo

150cc
This is what comes to mind. Don't know who drew the plans and it is a little bigger than the Ziroli plans. You were looking at a war bird a while ago, P47 or something close?

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
This is what comes to mind. Don't know who drew the plans and it is a little bigger than the Ziroli plans. You were looking at a war bird a while ago, P47 or something close?
Yes you are correct but after doing a lot of research and spending a lot of time on scale builder forums I have come to a conclusion that warbirds are not for me. I just fly to much, when I can I will fly two or three times a week and try to fly at lest four times when at the field. And another reason they all need a ton of weight in nose are generally difficult to fly Because of the high wing loading. One other reason we have a grass field and it is 400 ft long. Need a nice scale sport plane like you are building but just with retractable landing gear. Just like the looks of a plane how it looks in the air with the gear up. I have to thank-you for taking the time to help.

TonyHallo

150cc
I have the plans for the Hostettler Bonanza, 108" span, 1850 square inch, wing loading looks to be about 11 oz/sqft. I had a Sig Bonanza with Carl Goldberg retracts and loved the way it looked with gear up.
How about a Chippy with the gear up?
NASM-NASM2020-00085.jpg

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
What is the other Reno racer that used to be a warbird, other than the mustang? That might be a good fit for inline.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
What is the other Reno racer that used to be a warbird, other than the mustang? That might be a good fit for inline.
Mostly all round cowls for sure. But there is the Yak-3M "Full Noise" or the Yak 9U "Barbaressa"

WMcNabb

150cc
Finally remembered. Sea Fury was the other racer, but alas, a radial powered plane.

Don’t forget the Bearcat! First with Darryl Greenamyer, and now Conquest 1 is in the Smithsonian, link HERE. Several other Bearcats raced over the years, but the one I best remember was Rare Bear, link HERE.

Another was the F2G Corsair with the 4 row P&W 4360, link HERE. Several of these were raced, as was the Super Corsair. Not an F2G, but had the monster engine retrofitted, link HERE.

5300FD5D-78EA-4E87-B4A2-393379F3B7CA.jpeg