• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Wednesday May 14th, 2015 Joe Nall

Ok guys, sorry for the late report, but this is Horizon Hobby's fault. They sell a thing called a "Whipit" (a tiny DLG) and this is why I'm late... a few wobbly pops and a LOT of fun = a great night, best $60 ever spent and one dead Whipit! (Night flying with only the glow of the rec LED isn't the best way.. but here's the proof of the after-hours stupidity...

View attachment 20116 View attachment 20117 View attachment 20118 View attachment 20119 View attachment 20120 View attachment 20121 View attachment 20122 View attachment 20123 View attachment 20124 View attachment 20125 View attachment 20126 View attachment 20127 View attachment 20128 View attachment 20129 View attachment 20130 View attachment 20131 View attachment 20132 View attachment 20133 View attachment 20134

Also today.. GREAT flying by a lot of people. The German vector thrust jet guys, INSANE. GSN Vindication with the EF/3DHS merger (TOLD YA SO) And so much more.

The weather was great, and the event is more packed that it was yesterday by 2 fold. It's a full house at this point! And honestly it's getting harder and harder to leave at night! Too much going on! While we were flying DLG's the 3D line had a ton of night flying, a Chinese lantern launch and all kinds of fun. There is simply too much for one dude to cover!

BUT, I did manage to shoot a lot of video today whick will be on my recap video next week and a pile of pics... so here ya go! Pics.. I'm tired so here is the run down. Main flight line, 3D line, a new GP 246cc quad cylinder motor available through aviator plus.com around September... (and it was smooth!) and a pile of sweet flying pics. You guys can figure it out.... SO here we go..
By the looks of things you were having a BLAST!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's the way to do things

@ChickenBalls was burning up the camera @49dimes so there should be some good pics. Got in late yesterday and spent the day today doing all the "honey do" items around the house/property so now I can finally relax and visit/look at what is going on GSN. Got to meet @SleepyC and @Bartman a couple of times and it was a pleasure to speak with them. My son Ben has a bunch of Pics and I will be posting hopefully. Want to definately post pictures of the "crew" flying for the first time at Nall. My knees were definately shaking but had a great time burning fuel on the extra 330. :D

emtp275

100cc
BIG Thank You For the battery that hit me in the chest after I quit trying to catch one during the Tee Shirt give away, I was looking for 4 of these the day before and bought the last two the one vender had then got the 3rd the hard way LOL
photo(3).JPG