• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

water bottle tank sealant

Skyluc

50cc
I don't know if some of you use this product,because I never saw anybody talking about it,but I use HylomarM as a sealant for my water bottle tanks,it's a very good product used in aeronautical industry,that resists to gas
10007_0.jpg

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Sealall works pretty good but get yourself a PSP cap and you need nothing for a seal. Easy the. To take off for the yearly fuel tank maintenance.

crashflow

70cc twin V2
The PSP caps are hard to beat when it is time to replace the clunk line:I_agree: . Although I still go around all the edges with sealall just for good measure.

Phil.Griffin

70cc twin V2
Yep. I agree 100% about the PSP caps. I made a Fiji water bottle tank a few years back using their stuff, and it worked great. I suspect I'll go back to that soon.

Skyluc

50cc
I don't know sealall,but According to what I can see on the datasheet,I think that the hylomar is a lot less toxic.anyway The purpose of my post is not to advertise this product,just to give a tip on a product that I find usefull.Of course PSP fittings look just fine,but for me in france the cost of the invoice reduces the interest of the product,so I prefer to make my own cap with fittings and a good sealant,happily I can find fiji bottles here and the half liter one will make a perfect tank for my new extreme flight edge 88"

Last edited: