Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Vortex Generators?

Discussion in 'Aerodynamics' started by hone, Aug 25, 2012.

1. hone

hone 150cc

Have you used them? If so, what differences in flight performance did you notice?

2. flylow3d

flylow3d 50cc

Yep, I have been doing lots of testing with them. I had them all over my 87" shp for King 50 this year. On some planes they make a fairly big difference and other planes it's hard to tell. They basically make the air feel thicker. The plane has a much cleaner stall transition and you have much better control surface authority in stalled attitudes.

3. Thanks Joe. I've been wondering if they really did anything. They seem to pop up on quite a few planes these days.