• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Viper-ST 100-120cc scratch build......it continues!

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Have you played with the split ailerons very much? Do you do it just to eliminate binding? or maybe some crazy mixes

Actually binding was never an issue, really really fun to play with flaps and crow. It also does amazing IMAC flying with just the outter ailerons functioning. It fly's at a crawl with the flaps down, this was the maiden, since then I wen't to 75% flaps with very little mixing:

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Yea, the black pinstripe was too much but the silver looks like just enough to offset the edge between the green and white:

_DSC0956.JPG

Attachments

• _DSC0955.JPG
    _DSC0955.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 209

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I decided to go down and get the rest of the pinstripe done, then covered the SFG's. Now I am really done with covering. Graphics will be a bit from B&E, I order a ton of stuff from them.

_DSC0959.JPG

Attachments

• _DSC0957.JPG
    _DSC0957.JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 193
  • _DSC0960.JPG
    _DSC0960.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 204

tylerzx9r

100cc
Depends a lot on which type of covering you use. I use ultracote and used to do it your way, but found it much better to carefully tack the corners and around the edges while pulling the covering tight. Then seal down three sides and start from one closed end with a heat gun and a glove. After the covering is applied then I chase it with an iron set at about 340 or so to finish sealing. It works, and it's simple.

I wish!!

Remember, only a couple days left to save a bunch of cash on a Viper kit!!!!!
Fair warning to all! Get your Kits ordered while they are on sale! You will not regret buying one of these! Mine is ready and will start being assembled soon!