• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Viper-ST 100-120cc scratch build......it continues!

mikeh

70cc twin V2
Just beautiful! But how in the hell can you cover so fast?! I usually iron every square in. down on a solid surface and use my gun on open surfaces. It looks nice but is a pain staking process. It seams like you just started covering. Great work!

BalsaDust

It's all because Terry is really a machine that needs no food or water or sleep. Just power up hit the start button with materials in front of him and he works around the clock till its done. :D

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Just beautiful! But how in the hell can you cover so fast?! I usually iron every square in. down on a solid surface and use my gun on open surfaces. It looks nice but is a pain staking process. It seams like you just started covering. Great work!
Depends a lot on which type of covering you use. I use ultracote and used to do it your way, but found it much better to carefully tack the corners and around the edges while pulling the covering tight. Then seal down three sides and start from one closed end with a heat gun and a glove. After the covering is applied then I chase it with an iron set at about 340 or so to finish sealing. It works, and it's simple.

It's all because Terry is really a machine that needs no food or water or sleep. Just power up hit the start button with materials in front of him and he works around the clock till its done. :D
I wish!!

Remember, only a couple days left to save a bunch of cash on a Viper kit!!!!!

Last edited:

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I was on a roll and in the mood for covering so I kept going and wrapped up the wings and stabs. I am debating on outlining the green on top with dark silver or black 1/16" pinstripe.....I'll have to check out that option after I get the painting done and assemble the plane to see what it looks like all together.

I decided to go with the fangs instead of checkers. The silver bottom with the fang stripes looks really badass on the yellow plane.

Wish the flash did not make the green look like pea soup....it really does look cool.

_DSC0953.JPG

Attachments

• _DSC0948.JPG
    _DSC0948.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 295
  • _DSC0949.JPG
    _DSC0949.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 275
  • _DSC0950.JPG
    _DSC0950.JPG
    77.5 KB · Views: 288
  • _DSC0951.JPG
    _DSC0951.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 331
  • _DSC0952.JPG
    _DSC0952.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 262
  • _DSC0954.JPG
    _DSC0954.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 276

Dooinit

70cc twin V2
I was on a roll and in the mood for covering so I kept going and wrapped up the wings and stabs. I am debating on outlining the green on top with dark silver or black 1/16" pinstripe.....I'll have to check out that option after I get the painting done and assemble the plane to see what it looks like all together.

I decided to go with the fangs instead of checkers. The silver bottom with the fang stripes looks really badass on the yellow plane.

Wish the flash did not make the green look like pea soup....it really does look cool.

View attachment 7827
I definitely think black or a dark charcoal pinstripe would really add to the wings. Looks awesome as it is too

thelaw

70cc twin V2
Yes, I also think a black pinstripe would really pop on the wings! Looks great in person, as usual another great covering job!

Dooinit

70cc twin V2
Have you played with the split ailerons very much? Do you do it just to eliminate binding? or maybe some crazy mixes