• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Viper-ST 100-120cc scratch build......it continues!

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. I must also thank you for taking the time to do vacuuming thread on this site well done, building a system. Now I have to make up my mind what motor to get for the plane. Looking at DA100L , DLE 120 and EME 120?

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
You can imagine how difficult this can be if you are trying to make up your minde up quickly for a motor. Thanks for your input but one more question searching for 100 to 120 cc engine came a across a GP123 do you know this engine is it a good fit for a Viper St, came across it. An Canadian disturbter carries the motor in Canada so that is an advantage for me.

tylerzx9r

100cc
Just my personal opinion @Snoopy1, Bang for your buck...... DLE 120! I personally had the opportunity to build a Viper-ST with @Terryscustom , I can speak from experience, it is like he designed the plane to use this engine, it will pull the viper around like a rag-doll and vibration is far less than any GP engine I have seen! You will not be disappointed with the PLANE or the engine!

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Thanks to all the people that helped and to Terry. In the process of ordering a plane from fiberteck and to pick it up at JoeNall in a couple of weeks.
Do have another question on the yellow viper on the top of the cowl it has 2 grills on top, how and where do you get them they look great and probably work great.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I actually carved those out of balsa, hardened with CA and epoxy resin. I grafted them into the cowl before priming and paint prep. The are very functional. Next Winter I may make some molds for two or three different styles of them to make them as an add-on item.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Any thing you come up with for this plane are you going show it some were so that we can get in touch with so that we can buy it and up grade the plane thanks for the reply.

Fibertech

70cc twin V2
Thanks to all the people that helped and to Terry. In the process of ordering a plane from fiberteck and to pick it up at JoeNall in a couple of weeks.
Do have another question on the yellow viper on the top of the cowl it has 2 grills on top, how and where do you get them they look great and probably work great.
Cool..if your ready to order the Viper shoot me a email and I'll get you set up.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
hi Terry ordered a Viper St from Rick nice person to deal with. Will be ordering some more stuff from him but he does not know yet. Sorry for the silly question on the yellow Viper, about the louvres on the top of the cowl. Read your other build thread on how you did it.
Have a question, decided to buy a DA-100L for the plane looked good in the video to me. But in our club I have to run cannesters or tune pipes. Will be running carbon tune pipes in the plane from ES Composites.com # ES5oG. Will they fit the plane and what drop do I need in the header so that I can order the headers from DA.
Thanks again.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I honestly don't know I did not design it around using pipes or cans in anyway would be an extremely tight fit if they would fit

@Snoopy1 I did do a drawing at one point at the beginning of this thread somewhere for one of the canadians that wanted to do a DA70 with smooth pipes....I'll see if I can find it.

Last edited: