• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Viper build log (maybe)

balsa

50cc
I would like to be a viper owner just need to finish my shop and get set up to build a viper.

I will watch this build too.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well I an in just bought a kit and looking forward to getting it. Will follow you with great interest because I will be doing the same thing this coming winter. Build during the winters and fly during the summer.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Yup, the woodpecker is the way to go!! Windex only works with Monokote as do all the other activators on the market. Looks like you came out great!

Hope you enjoy your build!
I did contact all of the first kit buyers and I am sending out some plywood doublers for the landing gear plate. We designed and tested the plane with harrier landings, rough runways, etc. but we found a weak point with @crashflows when we landed and hit a gopher hole. Stress on one leg and not the other showed us a weak point. All kits shipped after this point will have the new stronger gear area already done. I am shipping these out after we return from Joe Nall and will post pics when I install them on my own planes.

Good job on the covering. I try to avoid overlapping colors as much as possible. Partly for the bubbles, and also to save weight (yes, I is one of those freaks). Anything that doesn't go into your plane saves weight and doesn't cost anything.

Last edited: