• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Viper 120cc ARF is HERE!!!!!

Joe Hunt

150cc
We maiden'd @Jefflesh Viper today. All I can say is Winner Winner Chicken Dinner! :dancing-chicken: haha

Nice plane! Really. :)

After Jeff gets the DA-120 broke in... maybe he'll let me wring it out on 4k. :sneaky:

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
It's going to be STUPID fun on a nice DA 120. I flew my prototype all last year on DLE120 since the proto cowl was too narrow. I can't wait for spring to really push this thing!

Even at 3000ft elevation the dle did ok at Rapid City huck.

Last edited:

Joe Hunt

150cc
:mario-banana:

Attachments

• 20160130_155524.jpg
    20160130_155524.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 276
  • 20160130_155459.jpg
    20160130_155459.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 317

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
So on the prototype Viper the covering with Pearl yellow and they did not do the greatest job of matching my canopy shell (also why the production one's are cub yellow). I also have a new "production" cowl to put on my prototype so I can fit the DA120 or other wider engine. Since I have to paint the cowl pearl yellow I decided I would glass the hatch and paint that and the old canopy hatch to matchhttp://www.GiantScaleNews.com/forums/images/temp/Banane34.gif

I would likely damage the other shell as I glued it on with Goop, so instead of removing it I removed the covering to it. When the resin is cured I will sand the leading edge of the canopy shell down quite a bit so all there will be is a slight bump where it attaches.

This is a cool custom thing that anyone with glassing and painting skills can do that give the plane a cool custom look. I'm going to be doing some airbrushing on the top as well as just painting......
_DSC0140.JPG
_DSC0141.JPG