• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Very odd problem w/DA60

Av8r RC

50cc
Which airframe is this motor in? Is it a round cowl like a Yak or Sukhoi? If so, one option to help with the cowl pressure issue is to baffle or partially block the cowl opening so not as much air can get in. I had to do this on my Su-26.

3DHS 89 Slick :beatingheart:
DSC02568.jpg

You can see the vented panel in this pic
DSC02564.jpg

To be 100% sure it's not cowl-related is an easy test.
Fly it once with the cowl OFF and see if the problem remains.
(Add some weight up front to make up for the lost weight of the cowl if you need)

Av8r RC

50cc
Think I might have found the problem. As I was going thru all of the ignition related plugs, the positive wire to the ignition fell off. This is the connection after the optikill, which is why we didn't se the light from the ignition showing a problem.

Make sure your electrical connections are good. Visually check them.

Nailed it.:D Even if it isn't the cause of the problem, it would have been a problem soon.

Might be able to try it again this weekend, but it's most likely gonna be next week.

Thanks All

Av8r RC

50cc
Got a chance to fly my slick this weekend, and couldn't get the motor to cut out. Must have been that positive wire.

Thanks for the help everyone.;)