• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Twisted Hobbys Crack Laser, with a few new build tips

alaFlash

New to GSN!
I maidened mine today - what fun. I have a lot to learn.

Cody - only problems during the build had to do with my inexperience in building anything.

1) As mentioned by someone earlier, not having any experience with these planes it was difficult to determine exactly where the servo's should be mounted and in what direction and how the wires should be done. I figured it out but had to redo one servo. An overview pic at the start with some markings and closeups and full shots would help.

2) both my rudder and aileron servos had to be reversed in my Tx. If I reverse the leads to the radio (turn them over) will this reverse the way the servos work?

Thanks again for a great plane and very good instructions. I did a combination of yours and the manual's.

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I maidened mine today - what fun. I have a lot to learn.

Cody - only problems during the build had to do with my inexperience in building anything.

1) As mentioned by someone earlier, not having any experience with these planes it was difficult to determine exactly where the servo's should be mounted and in what direction and how the wires should be done. I figured it out but had to redo one servo. An overview pic at the start with some markings and closeups and full shots would help.

2) both my rudder and aileron servos had to be reversed in my Tx. If I reverse the leads to the radio (turn them over) will this reverse the way the servos work?

Thanks again for a great plane and very good instructions. I did a combination of yours and the manual's.

No prob having the servos reversed in the Tx. The wires are polarized (pos and neg) so don't try to flip them. Set them up mechanically as best you can then use your subtrim for final adjustments. Then have fun and learn with a great foamie.

hone

150cc
No prob having the servos reversed in the Tx. The wires are polarized (pos and neg) so don't try to flip them. Set them up mechanically as best you can then use your subtrim for final adjustments. Then have fun and learn with a great foamie.

+1

Glad your liking the Laser, alaFLASH! I'm still loving mine, it quickly became my favorite foamy! I have 2 now and set one up for night flying. I love being able to fly after work :)

Last edited by a moderator:

gyro

GSN Contributor
+1

Glad your liking the Laser, alaFLASH! I'm still loving mine, it quickly became my favorite foamy! I have 2 now and set one up for night flying. I love being able to fly after work :)

Joe, what did you do for your night fly setup?
Pics?

wedoitall

the light kit that Twisted sells works perfectly on the 32" foamies. Whats fun with setting them up on the Laser is the mounting options.

gyro

GSN Contributor
the light kit that Twisted sells works perfectly on the 32" foamies. Whats fun with setting them up on the Laser is the mounting options.

I have an older kit from a UMX sbach that I never used... maybe I could splice it in

alawson999

70cc twin V2
Following this thread for the build is a piece of cake!
Thanks Cody!
View attachment 11952

A little late to this party, but just finished my build and maiden flight.

Ditto on the thanks to cody for the build thread, very helpful.

Given the early sunset hour now, my maiden was done under the lights in the empty part of a strip mall parking lot.

:)

gyro

GSN Contributor
A little late to this party, but just finished my build and maiden flight.

Ditto on the thanks to cody for the build thread, very helpful.

Given the early sunset hour now, my maiden was done under the lights in the empty part of a strip mall parking lot.

:)

Great idea for a location to fly! Congrats on the maiden :)

djmoose

70cc twin V2
Just finished mine...and just remembered I have a light kit laying around...can't wait to fly it!