• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Twisted Hobbys 32" Crack Laser!

alawson999

70cc twin V2
For what it is worth - very pleased with th laser, used all TH components, found the build thread to be very helpful- espescially the blend derm / welders technique to add durability without weight

hone

150cc
Thinking bout ordering me another a twisted Hobbies plane
You wouldn't be disappointed with this one that's for sure. The Laser is amazing.
For what it is worth - very pleased with th laser, used all TH components, found the build thread to be very helpful- espescially the blend derm / welders technique to add durability without weight
Glad you're enjoying your Laser. I was also very pleased with how well the blenderm helped durability.

AKfreak

150cc
If it was buy one get one free I would. I have a ton of projects going at the moment. However after flying the Crack Lazer, I don't want to fly my TH Extra Slick anymore. Mine is a Version One and I have flown it more times than I can count. Compared to the CL, the ver.1 TH Extra Slick is junk.

12231437336_2322e8dacb_c.jpg

AKfreak

150cc
I was able to buy a Crack Laser today at the airfield. A buddy of mine brought it to the field today, and made a slip of the tongue. He said, "Tom you should buy my crack Laser" I know inside I really, really wanted one, but I couldn't let him know that. He is going on and one how great it is, (and I know its something very special).

Anyways I always bring my Extra Slick to the field (warm up plane, does anyone else do that too), and I told him, "why on earth would I want that plane when I have the Original Extra Slick?" I went on to say, " After TH made the ES, they broke the mold and it was all down hill from there". LOL

He looked at me like I was crazy. So I said how much, he said, "$75" I said what, AS , $75? He said yep.. I said sold and paid the man. 5 packs later I finally set it down. What an incredibly smooth plane, that I just love.

13210249373_fda92c2db2_c.jpg

Guys, I don't know if I can fly my Extra Slick anymore. I think it has been officially retired, hand wound Hextronic and all.

cwojcik

70cc twin V2
I was able to buy a Crack Laser today at the airfield. A buddy of mine brought it to the field today, and made a slip of the tongue. He said, "Tom you should buy my crack Laser" I know inside I really, really wanted one, but I couldn't let him know that. He is going on and one how great it is, (and I know its something very special).

Anyways I always bring my Extra Slick to the field (warm up plane, does anyone else do that too), and I told him, "why on earth would I want that plane when I have the Original Extra Slick?" I went on to say, " After TH made the ES, they broke the mold and it was all down hill from there". LOL

He looked at me like I was crazy. So I said how much, he said, "$75" I said what, AS , $75? He said yep.. I said sold and paid the man. 5 packs later I finally set it down. What an incredibly smooth plane, that I just love.

Guys, I don't know if I can fly my Extra Slick anymore. I think it has been officially retired, hand wound Hextronic and all.

Glad you love the Laser.

The original Extra Slick is definitely cool. Brad made all of those kits in his basement. Not quite competitive with what we have now, but for its uniqueness and hand-made qualities it is collectible and makes a great wall hangar.

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador

Why did he sell the CL? Good deal BTW- well played!

The car can't get packed without a little "crack"!
Whether you're at the gym or down at Joe Nall with a TH in the air your having a ball.
So charge up some packs, get some Welders on deck cause part of the fun is repairing your next wreck!

Felt inspired by your story lol!