• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

True 50cc plane. Need some help please.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Thanks for all the help. Have flowen a plane at 18 lbs and that is to heavy. Would agree that the plane needs to 16 lbs or less. When I was at JoeNall this spring I had heard about this new plane but could not find any info on it. Will be sending a E mail to E.F. To see if there is any news. Interested in the Pilot Edge does any of you have one and would you recommend the plane. Belive @Jetpainter has one, do you like the plane and what engine do you have in it, are you satisfied with the performance and weight it ended up being. Thanks everyone for the advice..

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Pilot Edge gets my vote too! I know some have used the DA 50 and side dump and have got this plane down to 15 lbs at take off!

I fly it with a 60 and canister for 16.25 lbs at take off. And It flies beautifully. Its wing span is 87". It will outperform and fly circles around the scratch built lazer 200 which is 17 lbs and 94" ws.
Snapshot 3 (3-7-2015 6-39 PM).png
lazer 004.JPG

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Hi 49 Dimes, hi thanks for the help but need to ask what is the black bar across the plane with the two blue bands in it.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Watched the video from E.F at the 20 minutes mark and yes that is exactly what I am looking. Will be in touch with E.F. To find out if it still going to be built. Can you imagine how well it will fly at less than 14 lbs.
But I do like all the good comments on the Pilot 540 edge, see where I can buy it and the price.