• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

throttle servo question/problem

Mikeq

150cc
I use Sullivan Gold–N–Rod...blue outer sheath with a gold nylon inner rod... 2-56 threaded studs and 2 locking ball connectors... I do disconnect the spring from throttle lever... This way if something happens and the servo tries to push past the stopping point it will bend the rod before binding the servo... hasn't happened yet but if it does I won't have to worry about burning up the throttle servo..Oh I use a Futaba S9070HV metal gear servo and an IBEC to remotely kill the engine if need be... Just today had a club member take off only to discover his metal throttle linkage had slipped past the set screw that was holding it in place and no throttle wound up being 1/4 throttle..needless to say he flew around for 15 minutes burning up fuel before he could dead stick in...

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
a little tip here also,,, if your servo arm is one inch then the lever on the carb should be one inch also :)
Yup...keeps the geometry angle correct. I actually have to correct myself. I have used the Nyrod as I mentioned. But the solid turn buckle link is also very sweet for dependability. Either way. E.P.A. adjustment an absolute.

Bill, i learned that the hard way. I burned 2 servos like that, until i came on the forum and posted the question, and figured out my problem.