• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

HornetNZ

50cc
Got my vert stabs glued in and their lights connected to the controller. Does anyone know if the red tail light is steady or pulsing on the full-scale f-15? I looked at as many vids as I could but cant tell. The last lights to do are the landing lights! The rudder and aileron hinges are glued, just have to glue the elevators and finish covering scheme.

pawnshopmike

Staff member

pawnshopmike

Staff member
I got started on my rudder servo re-location on the Stinson. After careful measurement I decided this was the optimum location.

image.jpg

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Luckily at the last minute I had a moment of clairvoyance and decided I better check for ribs and stringers. Good thing I did! There is a stringer running right along that black trim stripe.

So I started out cutting a small inspection hole.

image.jpg

I only had to shift the servo location upwards about 1/16th of an inch to clear the stringer.

image.jpg

That's as far as I got this morning before I had to head to work.

Last edited: