• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I got a couple more hours in my shop today. Continued the upper sheetrock and ceiling install.

IMG-9459.jpg

IMG-9460.jpg

TonyHallo

150cc
My computer is blocking the site since Saturday. Turned off VPN and virus protection and still can’t access the site. Phone even warned me that the security certificate expired 3 days ago. Never seen that warning before. Anyone have any ideas?

pawnshopmike

Staff member
My computer is blocking the site since Saturday. Turned off VPN and virus protection and still can’t access the site. Phone even warned me that the security certificate expired 3 days ago. Never seen that warning before. Anyone have any ideas?
News to me. Site works fine on my PC, iPhone and iPad.

TonyHallo

150cc
I spent almost 2 hours online with my antivirus support. They removed the VPN and antivirus programs and the problem persists, how do I contact an administrator for the site?

BalsaDust

Little different than my usual. Picked up this Great Planes PT-40 from a club member. Don't think it had ever been flown as I see no evidence of nitro slime on it.
1.jpg

Going to convert it to E power. I'm going to start with this G15 sized outrunner I have that I think should fly it well. If I decide it needs more power then that can happen when it gets stripped down for fresh covering and lightening it up some.
2.jpg

Apparently spray foam is the way to hold the fuel tank in place.
3.jpg

All standard servos where pulled right away. Got some digital mini servos that should fit the bill. Elevator and Rudder servos will get relocated to the tail anyways.
4.jpg

I'm thinking These surfaces will need to be enlarged just a bit for my liking.
5.jpg

Also picked up a Cherokee 40 kit. I'm quite impressed looking at it I think it might be a first run of it as all the die crunch parts actually look really nice and most fall cleanly out of the sheets. Also the balsa selection is really nice, like good stuff I would use when building a 3D model when keeping weight down.
cherokee kit.jpg