• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Found this little organizer on Amazon for 50 bucks, thought it would help me clear out the cluttered workbench I've got going on. Well, I managed to get it this full as quickly as I was able to build it (it builds fast), and my workbench is no cleaner than when I started... :gnashing:

39522535_10218084187083131_8710663253652406272_o.jpg

I may need 2 of them at this rate!!!

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Found this little organizer on Amazon for 50 bucks, thought it would help me clear out the cluttered workbench I've got going on. Well, I managed to get it this full as quickly as I was able to build it (it builds fast), and my workbench is no cleaner than when I started... :gnashing:

View attachment 105069

I may need 2 of them at this rate!!!
A friend of mine that used to race Quickies told me one day that he knew it was time to clean the workbench when he had to set the airplane on a coffee can just to work on it.:)

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well got the DA35 mounted and the throttle servo in and working but the choke I just cannot figure away to make it work. The muffler is all wrong it need to be 1 inch closer to the firewall so that the cowl will fit. Will get in touch with JTec and see if they can help me out of the problem.
3E0AA789-0273-4E0D-8032-A0C514A73299.jpeg

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
A friend of mine that used to race Quickies told me one day that he knew it was time to clean the workbench when he had to set the airplane on a coffee can just to work on it.:)

That's a little too dirty for me :eek:

Well got the DA35 mounted and the throttle servo in and working but the choke I just cannot figure away to make it work. The muffler is all wrong it need to be 1 inch closer to the firewall so that the cowl will fit. Will get in touch with JTec and see if they can help me out of the problem.

Most guys I know run a choke rod to the front of the engine, where they can pull on it from one of the cowl intake vents. There's a ton of photos out there on the web showing how to do this.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
That's a little too dirty for me :eek:

Most guys I know run a choke rod to the front of the engine, where they can pull on it from one of the cowl intake vents. There's a ton of photos out there on the web showing how to do this.
Yes I have seen that, they use wire tie wraps to get it done. Trying to do a little more elegant.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
It rained hard again today so I went ahead and cycled everything and anything that has a lipo powering it up from my transmitter to my gas can. Balanced and charged four 2S packs, two 3S packs and four 6S packs. All the cells in all the batteries are now within 1/100th of a volt and at least 98% full. Now all I need do is discharge them preferably above ground o_O. And if I EVER get to fly a giant scale gas plane again :concern::rolleyes: I freshly mixed a gallon and gave the can and pump a good inspection. Holding up just fine :big-grin:.

View attachment 105060 View attachment 105061 View attachment 105062 View attachment 105063 View attachment 105064 View attachment 105065
View attachment 105066
View attachment 105067
Well all I can say there bro....is your electrons love you. LOL. One gallon? Seriously? Dude, one gallon won't last me a single day. Well, here lately it has lasted me three months. LOL... Fixin' to change that though. I seriously think you need to move to E-da-how. (Remember your school days? That is what they told us the Indians called this state. Promise though Kelly, no one will scalp you here. LOL