• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Getting closer :)

0328181912-00.jpg 0328181912-01.jpg 0328181913-00.jpg 0328181915-00.jpg

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp

Quality work bud! When are you going to upgrade your camera?, although I know U CHEAP! :money_talks:
Please continue to share regardless! Diggin the red cub. I am doing an annual inspection on a red J-3 at the moment, need to do a little spar work, followed by a lot of paperwork. The fellows plane has a C-90 up front, P-18 tail feathers in the back, and no electrical system. What a little performer! sure gets with the program for a cubby. Going to work on it Saturday.

Attachments

• livid[1].png
    livid[1].png
    807 bytes · Views: 185

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Quality work bud! When are you going to upgrade your camera?, although I know U CHEAP! :money_talks:
Please continue to share regardless! Diggin the red cub. I am doing an annual inspection on a red J-3 at the moment, need to do a little spar work, followed by a lot of paperwork. The fellows plane has a C-90 up front, P-18 tail feathers in the back, and no electrical system. What a little performer! sure gets with the program for a cubby. Going to work on it Saturday.

Thanks for the compliment. Once I get it completed I will get some HD pictures of it. Will also get a vid of the re-maiden as I promised @acerc . My long time friend is also getting ready to paint his. He is doing his up like Harold Krier's PA18. The interior kit I got for it has a lot to be desired. Many parts I have custom made myself. Working with the thin brittle plastic has been a nightmare. Finally got one seat finished in the rough late last night. So enjoy some more CHEAP pics :big-grin:.

1-krier-cub-matt-abrams.jpg
0329180412-00.jpg
0329180410-00.jpg
0329180411-00.jpg

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Did some more work on the TBM, linkages set up, just need to lock the hardware in place and finish my rudder pull pull. Rx got its own little ply mount. Getting pretty close!

2af2917a798f41bed03eebf0994ed682.jpg
0959c0d214de091e5a7c7ecaf3cb1a5d.jpg

e4461c180f801aad47e34f15a246031d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Got the first seat done. Will install once the other seat is finished and rudder/brake pedals w/cables are in. Then it will be done :).

Going to take a bit of break from it for now. Looks like a good weekend for sum fly'n :yesss:.View attachment 102768 View attachment 102769 View attachment 102770 View attachment 102771
Ok that looks great but do not see a pilot. Must say Dimes you really are going all out and spending a lot time and effort on the plane you going have one big knee banging situation on the first flight, you are putting your soul into the plane.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Ok that looks great but do not see a pilot. Must say Dimes you really are going all out and spending a lot time and effort on the plane you going have one big knee banging situation on the first flight, you are putting your soul into the plane.

Thanks Snoop. I got to get "Duck Dodger" made for the "Alien Extra" first lol. Your kind words are touching but I have gotten pretty immune to first flight jitters ( although I do still get them to a degree) If it piles in....:oops:. This thing got saved from the trash can and even has parts pulled from the trash can o_O. So be it if it happens but I don't think it will :rolleyes:. The only reason I'm doing this is to show the FOG's that a "has been wanna be 3D pilot" (who is a right at FOG status himself) can make a "Real" airplane. It will be a good "ICE BREAKER" when confronting the "Temple Elders" for flying privilege's :sneaky:.

Oh! Let me correct myself......Still won't be done yet! lol.....Got the cooling shrouds to make and install, finish the exhaust details and put a 30 or 38cc 4cycle gasser on it:).