• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
All my junk just sitting in COLD storage. It is so pretty outside but so deceptive!
Need to get busy on the Pilot Extra and order the fuse for it. Still undecided about how to power it up. The DL50 is doing great in its new home and I don't know if I want to put it back in that airframe. 40 twin maybe??? Decisions decisions :ugh:.

0103181227-00.jpg
0103181305-00.jpg
0103181305-01.jpg
0103181228-00.jpg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
All my junk just sitting in COLD storage. It is so pretty outside but so deceptive!
Need to get busy on the Pilot Extra and order the fuse for it. Still undecided about how to power it up. The DL50 is doing great in its new home and I don't know if I want to put it back in that airframe. 40 twin maybe??? Decisions decisions :ugh:.

View attachment 101127 View attachment 101128 View attachment 101129 View attachment 101130
It looks pretty good from the back porch if there is no wind you had better be out there for the rest of us. And I bo not see any of the white stuff for this time year it must be flying time.

Last edited:

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well boys all the repairs are done fuselage, wings, wing tube and gear are all in and straight and the plane is covered. All that is left is to install the engine and the radio gear. No cowl,cannot buy them anymore and seeing I smashed it with in the first 4 minuets of the first flight the first time I am going to hold off building a new cowl that is quite a lot of work and I want to see if it fly’s ok and then I will decide to build a cowl for the plane
AD362F17-0418-4E5A-BCD8-9D58F2A167D4.jpeg
7F21B23B-8FFD-469D-8ACD-58F0E0A7AEC9.jpeg

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
It looks pretty good from the back porch if there is no wing you had better be out there for the rest of us. And I bo not see any of the white stuff for this time year it must be flying time.

A bit windy 15-20 making the wind chill in the middle 20's. Getting much colder at night. Mild weather wont be here until the weekend.

Great job on the F-1 racer! IMPRESSIVE! Maybe Fiberglass specialties has a cowl???

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Been building another GB Extra 330. Only managed to glue it to the granite countertops twice this time :oblong: So used to working with Depron or Elapor, not used to the thin CA wicking completely through the EPP. :eek:

View attachment 101131
I built one of those for a friend it was a lot more difficult than I thought and took a reasonable amount of time. I was quite surprised.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
A bit windy 15-20 making the wind chill in the middle 20's. Getting much colder at night. Mild weather wont be here until the weekend.

Great job on the F-1 racer! IMPRESSIVE! Maybe Fiberglass specialties has a cowl???
I tried them but no luck thanks for help.