• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Tried to work on the airplane tonight but 46F is where I cross the line. Hands went numb and still haven't came back :oblong:

46 degees? Really? Ha! Try 23 at the warmest part of the day. And for us even here in Southern Idaho, still nothing compared to our buddies up farther north. LOL
Sorry @Xpress you are not going to get any sympathy from some of us that live a little further north. For us that is cool but really not cold yet. Sorry but you are spoiled when it comes to weather.
Zactly. LOL

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Guess who got some toys in the mail today? Oh yes, Me. LOL....
Ordered some dash/instrument panels for the SD Baby Yak.
20171221_200945.jpg

They arrived today and so I figured after a little Lasagna, it was all about tinkering.
Without any goodies...
20171221_201024.jpg
Front panel in....
20171221_205926.jpg

Rear panel in...
20171221_211115.jpg

And all together now...
20171221_213338.jpg

I've been thinking about a couple other revisions to the SD Baby Yak. First, I may get some graphics ordered up like his big Behemoth (2) brother. Just not sure yet. The other revision "may" be an EME 70 twin. I am hearing some "REALLY" good things about it. And I did really want a twin up front anyway. I would get a "dub" 70cs but just really hate the rear induction design. Anyway, I am going to keep my eye on the EME.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
View attachment 100899

They arrived today and so I figured after a little Lasagna, it was all about tinkering.
Without any goodies...
View attachment 100898
Front panel in....
View attachment 100900

Rear panel in...
View attachment 100901

And all together now...
View attachment 100902

I've been thinking about a couple other revisions to the SD Baby Yak. First, I may get some graphics ordered up like his big Behemoth (2) brother. Just not sure yet. The other revision "may" be an EME 70 twin. I am hearing some "REALLY" good things about it. And I did really want a twin up front anyway. I would get a "dub" 70cs but just really hate the rear induction design. Anyway, I am going to keep my eye on the EME.
You have to wait for Christmas Day before you can open the presents. Not today you just have to wait.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
View attachment 100899

Without any goodies...
View attachment 100898
Front panel in....
View attachment 100900

Rear panel in...
View attachment 100901

And all together now...
View attachment 100902

No doubt the EME is a fine 70 twin. But....and just sayin.....The new VVRC/RCGF 70 twin has been said to be very comparable to the DA70 twin in power and weight. I have flown the EME70 and of course your DA70 ;). With that said I would try the VVRC. Same price as the EME but performs like the DA:).

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
No doubt the EME is a fine 70 twin. But....and just sayin.....The new VVRC/RCGF 70 twin has been said to be very comparable to the DA70 twin in power and weight. I have flown the EME70 and of course your DA70 ;). With that said I would try the VVRC. Same price as the EME but performs like the DA:).
It goes without saying that I'm not a huge fan of RCGF. Personally, I would not give ten cents for another 120. And as far as my little 10cc'er is concerned, it runs but usually takes constant coaxing to keep it going. Kind of takes the fun outta flying when you constantly have to baby sit. But that's me. And just so you guys know, I'm not brand bashing. I am speaking from experience and what I have encountered. I had no problems with my 120. It ran fine and didn't give me a lick of trouble. I just truly was not overly impressed with performance. Every one of my DLE 111's ran as good and better. Same prop, same set up...around 200 to 300 more rpm. As for the VVRC/RCGF 70 however, I did have a real long conversation with Tom from Valley View. The man is straight up and just a heck of a good guy. The boys from RCGF payed him a little visit requesting he carry the brand. He wanted the 70 changed to "his" preferences. Now mind you, the predecessor 70 was good, but he felt they could make it better. Tom flew a bunch of them before. But he wanted more out of it. They came through for him. Like you say Kelly, they run as good as a DA70. And priced quite a bit better. I have been waiting in earnest to hear more about the newly redesigned 70. I had truly contemplated that option as well as the EME. But because of my 120 and little 10 cc, I've been very reluctant to trust the RCGF brand. I may have to revisit the reports. Thanks for reminding me!:way_to_go:

Last edited: