• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Nice looking scratch build dimes!!!

Oh! Oh! Let me clarify! That beauty is all the handy work of @DB4SPD. He is the one that also did the J-tech T-Cart.
He is an exceptional builder. We have been buddies going on 25 years. The DLE 55RA was surprisingly strong and steady for the first run and needle setting. I guess you can say I am his "pit bitch". About 14 years ago we were both going to do a 42% Gel Coat Cap 232 but never came to completion. I do not build anymore and that is the main reason your Cap design is going to make mine finally materialize in a 35 center.

BalsaDust

Yup, you need to learn to draw those in CAD (all parts on pro-bro huckers are simple) and we could cut you a whole plane in about 6 minutes with a laser or 10 minutes with a CNC router.
Yeah yeah. I'm working with a buddy right now to get the ChubCub into CAD. Funny thing the one I'm cutting out in the video is in CAD and has had kits cut before but nobody was offering a kit at the moment so I just chose to cut it out by hand. I will say though something smaller like this it is kind of relaxing just listening to my radio while cutting the parts out.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I'm just teasing ya cuz I know you are working on it. I understand what you mean about cutting and building as relaxing though too.

Finished applying the graphics for my EF88 Edge. Maiden is getting close!

Attachments

• 20141214_151031.jpg
    20141214_151031.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 447

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Finished applying the graphics for my EF88 Edge. Maiden is getting close!

Nice! Excellent flying machine! Got one "a friends" going in to my shop for hangar damage repair.

Attachments

• Photo228.jpg
    Photo228.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 420
  • Photo229.jpg
    Photo229.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 425
Great plane Tn! The 88 is my favorite plane in my hangar! I only have a handful of flights on it due to carb issues on the 61, but it is already the only one I want to take to the field.

DB4SPD

30cc
Post maiden inspection reveals a clean bill of health and ready to move on to flight trimming and engine run in. Thanks 49 for all of the support and knowledge.
I feel as though one of my children has flown the coupe. What to build next?

Attachments

• lazer 001.JPG
    lazer 001.JPG
    79.2 KB · Views: 426

BalsaDust

I'm just teasing ya cuz I know you are working on it. I understand what you mean about cutting and building as relaxing though too.
I know your teasing. Hanging out over on the probro site has really tought me how to have thick skin. Heck to be honest I had thought about asking you though if you would be interested in cutting a few kits of it but I know your busy with other things and I had already spoken with one of the kit cutters on the probro site first.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I can cut parts, just no time to re-create the drawings. If you have CAD files, don't be afraid to ask. Cutting parts is what we do for a living pretty much.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Post maiden inspection reveals a clean bill of health and ready to move on to flight trimming and engine run in. Thanks 49 for all of the support and knowledge.
I feel as though one of my children has flown the coupe. What to build next?

Will post your maiden vid in 3D Aircraft forum. Really nice build @DB4SPD

Last edited: