• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Looking at the rudder servos they are not the same should they not be .

Your powers of observation serve you well. They are actually the same servo, the only difference between the HSB-9360, 70, and 80 is 2 gears inside of them that change the speed of the output shaft. Since we are out of stock on 9380's, I just got a 9370 and changed the 2 gears inside of it to make it a 9380.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Your powers of observation serve you well. They are actually the same servo, the only difference between the HSB-9360, 70, and 80 is 2 gears inside of them that change the speed of the output shaft. Since we are out of stock on 9380's, I just got a 9370 and changed the 2 gears inside of it to make it a 9380.
It's good to know all the tricks of your product.:yesss:

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Finished the setup on my 2 rudder servos last night. A 3" double and a 1.5" single SWB arm with a link in between the 2 arms.

I love it when 2 servos move in perfect synchronicity :epic:

And all of this translates to roughly 40 degrees of rudder throw, which I think should be plenty.

received_10214272636916759.jpeg