• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Put my pants on tonight :oblong:

18880011_10214048190065728_7020415681045104576_o.jpg

The wheel of choice is the almighty DuBro treadlight.

18738832_10214048192425787_981027196501558644_o.jpg

Along with stock Pilot axles. These will work until I decide I want to get a little more blingy with something fancy like AirMan or White Rose.

Also, some PureTech straps for the batteries.

18815154_10214048191105754_5179453593175858456_o.jpg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Do not have any pictures right now but still covering the Sportster it is taking more time than I thought it would. My friend bought a Pilot Edge 100 cc at JoeNall and it is ready to fly and I am still covering a small 120 glow size aeroplane. Man ARF have made life easy and quick. He has been able to buy, take it home assemble it and ready to fly in less time than it takes me to cover a small plane.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well it is covered and ready to have all the gear and radio installed. Sorry about the picture it is not clear and I do not know why. Still have not come up with some kind of striping, just have no idea right now. Will do the rest off the installation and see if some thing comes to mind. Just some info for you gentleman if you buy Ultracoat do not buy the Ultracoat PLUS it is very difficult to work with and it is somewhat transparent and it sticks to its self. And if it touches it self you are done for, the colour coating peals of.
IMG_1654.JPG

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Invasion stripes on the bottom and do starburst on the top. Use black. That's my opinion at least.
The star burst sounds good but the invasion strips on yellow Sportster just does not look good in my imagination. The star bust I will look into but it will have to be another colour do not have black.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
IMG_1656.JPG
Well I bought one of these because I could not get the new receiver from Spectrum. I meant the 12 channel power receiver. So I bought an AR power box, as showed by the attached picture. Well played around with it for a while yesterday and it did not take long for me to figure it out In actual fact it was very intuitive and must say I like the unit it does work well and the little screen that comes with it is first class and well laid out. And one nice feature is to match servos it can be done with the unit and you can change it in 15 locations throughout the full stroke. Must say it is full features you name it it has it.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
View attachment 96692 Well I bought one of these because I could not get the new receiver from Spectrum. I meant the 12 channel power receiver. So I bought an AR power box, as showed by the attached picture. Well played around with it for a while yesterday and it did not take long for me to figure it out In actual fact it was very intuitive and must say I like the unit it does work well and the little screen that comes with it is first class and well laid out. And one nice feature is to match servos it can be done with the unit and you can change it in 15 locations throughout the full stroke. Must say it is full features you name it it has it.

Sounds like a pretty cool item.

BalsaDust

So has anyone experienced this before??? Savox 1256tg. I contacted savox about possible repairs and they said they don't do repairs just warranty work. I got this servo used from a friend along with three others. All have less than two dozen flights on them. Pulled it apart hoping it was in the gear train but it's not. It's the motor making all the noise.

thurmma

150cc
That is a strange noise. Sounds like a bearing is dry or not seated square. Does it make the same noise without the top of the case on?