• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I been working in the workshop every night this week trying to clear the workbench of HO model railroad stuff so I can get back on airplanes. I've been installing DCC decoders in locomotives for a friend. I've got all 8 of them installed, wired, programed and tested. Now I need to tidy up the wiring and get the body shells back on and I'll be done.
20160622_214657_resized.jpg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
View attachment 83552

Can't really see in this picture but I dug close to 160' of ditch around this pool today and have more to go tomorrow as well as wiring it up.
What have you done to your self. That is endless amount of work. Hope you do not have to winterize that every year and open it. Had a poll great for the kids and family but not good for the fathers. Hope for that your summers are long and hot because then they are great.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Set up ailerons on a 93" AJ. Getting close to figure out a power plant solution.... No DA or GP.

Hi @Bunky.F.Knuckle you have AJ aircraft do you like it is it your first. I have been in touch with AJ for there ARS 50cc plane . Belive it is on the water to the USA. So hopefully will be able to pick one up from him his shop is not that far from me. Looked at his planes at Toledo and was impressed with the planes. And how detailed he was.

Bought this one off Chad at TailDraggerRC. He is a good buddy of mine, so I felt good about helping him out so he could get the 105". :)

This one is outfitted with Savox 2270s. Had a DA 70 on the front, but it never ran right from the hit, according to Chad. Then he was gonna put a DLA 64 on it, but never flew it. So, I bought it, minus engine.

So, I'm going thru this one to make it "mine". Changing just a little bit up, move a wire here, move the Rx there. I'm to the point now, where I need to think about an engine. I can get a good price on a RCGF 60 twin, or do I go EME 70 twin. I had the EME 120, and it was a beast with Bowman rings in it. Too bad Mr. Bowman doesn't make rings any longer. But, I'm not in much of a hurry, tho.

I know Tim and Andrew well. I flew pattern with AJ many years back! If an airplane doesn't perform how AJ wants it, he won't bring them in and sell them.

rmyers

70cc twin V2
Pools are great if you can stay on top of them. Get behind and then they get to be a giant PITA! + $$$$$$