• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

mndless

Don't know a thing..
This was more than just last night, but... First time I have tried installing canisters, using RE3's with the Comfort mounts.. as others have said, these mounts can be a challenge to install. After looking at the space and scratching my head for a day or two, I decided to just open up the bottom and give myself a little more access to work with.... measured everything up, did a little cad drawings, cut out some stuff on the laser and it actually fit ! mostly.. one mistake is I left the comfort mounts a little too close together.... so, I cut a little spacer to help hold them apart...

Now I need to find a short exhaust extension that fits the ends of the RE3's... any suggestions ?

Canisters1.jpg

Canisters1.jpg Canisters2.jpg Canisters3.jpg Canisters4.jpg Canisters5.jpg Canisters6.jpg Canisters7.jpg

njswede

150cc
Today: Changed throttle servo (Spektrum out, Savox 1272 in) in my 104" Slick. Installed telemetry and rerouted some wiring (same plane). Now I'm going to start her up to recalibrate the throttle end points before it gets dark. Then it's off to the beer fridge!

njswede

150cc
The throttle endpoints are now calibrated and I richened the high end a bit to get rid of some RPM sag on WOT. That calls for celebration, which in my case means that I'm on my second Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA now. More to come!

kork

70cc twin V2
Worked on my jug and joined the wing today. Maybe some glassing this weekend!

Attachments

• IMG_1384.JPG
    IMG_1384.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 499
Mounted the cowl on my EF 88 Edge. She is all done but setting up the radio, drilling the props, testing CG, and putting on the graphics. Maiden is getting close!