• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

WMcNabb

150cc
Spent the weekend with a talented team, good friends and an amazing full scale machine.

Check out the thread here and on Mirco's Facebook post.

http://giantscalenews.com/threads/proton-the-latest-pitts-model-12.5067/

https://www.facebook.com/mirco.pecorari/posts/10207905491651919

image.jpeg

thurmma

150cc
I have had that problem before with Chief from the west coast but, from the East coast it is usually pretty quick.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Ok started finishing the wings it is sheeted and that's all. have to cut out the alerons and add the hard points, servo boxes and all the bevelling. That should keep me busy for a couple of days. Must say this is my first styrofoam wing it sure is a learning experience and slow sure my next one will be a lot quicker. How many of you guys cut your own styrofoam wings.

Last edited:

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Ok started finishing the wings it is sheeted and that's all. have to cut out the alerons and add the hard points, servo boxes and all the bevelling. That should keep me busy for a couple of days. Must say this is my first styrofoam wing it sure is a learning experience and slow sure my next one will be a lot quicker. How many of you guys cut your own styrofoam wings.

ttiuwp.gif

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Getting back into the tinkering mood. This past weekend has been unbelievable flying weather. Just so ya'll know. ;)
I did do a little maintenance and upkeep/updates on a couple of the planes in the Epley hanger. The big Sukhoi was in need of a few nice little touches. Replaced the ignition battery with a 7.4 Lipo. The LiIon was doing great, but I figured if some is good, more is better....right? Mah speaking of course.
20160405_125447.jpg

I also had one more TDRC Vibramount for the ignition module, so I figured "why not"? Installed that and re-attached everything. I've come to really like those guys.
20160405_125330.jpg
20160405_125346.jpg

Lets see.... Oh yeah, I also replaced the klunks in my tank. Haven't had any issues, but realized I was not getting all the fuel out when I drained the tank. I figured I would put the "snorkel" tip klunks on as replacements. I have had superb success with these.
20160405_125409.jpg

I noticed also that my custom tail gear fairing was getting a little ragged, so I removed it, cleaned it and repainted it. Originally it was painted the same color as the covering. Orange paint didn't hold up too well so I switched it up for some good looking Silver to match the pinstripe on the airframe. It kind of breaks things up a bit now. Not quite so "Orange" on the bottom. LOL
20160405_175706.jpg
20160405_175714.jpg

I've put a bunch of gas through the Pilot Edge so I decided before she gets retrofitted with the red headed CS twin, I would replace all the fuel tubing. After a year of flying her, the tubing was still in great shape. Just not shiny and fresh looking. We just can't be having no sexy red head hangin' out and depending on stale tubing now can we?:laughing:
20160405_175739.jpg

I think tomorrow I will be getting back on the Dalton. I am finally back in the mood and so no time like the present right?

As a side note: If any of you with the H-9 Sukhoi would like to have one of the snazzy "full scale looking" tail gear fairings.... let me know. I would be happy to duplicate one for ya'll. Free of charge of course. Maybe @Robotech would like one for his brand new recovered Sukhoi huh?