• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Looks good what about the cylinders that will be a challenge. Did you do just polishing or did you do some very fine sanding.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Looks good what about the cylinders that will be a challenge. Did you do just polishing or did you do some very fine sanding.

Just took a cotton rag and sparingly / lightly rubbed the surface until the polish turned black then took a fresh cotton rag to wipe off the residue. A third rag was used to buff to a brilliant chrome like shine:).
Boy!.....It really felt good when I finished:banana-dance:. SHINY:big-grin:.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Like I have said somewhere else we all buy these beautiful engines and POLISH them and then hide them behind a cowl and stick stickers on the cowl to tel everybody what we have, we all need clear cowls.

For that matter transparent covering too! Every time I bring a new plane to the field everyone has got to look inside. And I don't know Whyyyyyyyyyy!?!?!?!?

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Ok working on the Viper ST. Got the belly pan on quite a bit of work but with a little patience and measure 3 times and then cut. It worked out well. Why is it, you start doing some thing and then you say I can make that look a little better with a small chang and 4 hours later balsa wood everywhere sawdust all over the place and it is done. Then stand back it looks good then say was that really necessary. Will post pictures of the belly pan tomorrow.

BalsaDust

image.jpeg

Finally got some bench time in today. Took two hours to get here. Will start on tail surfaces and wings tomorrow.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
The 3 dubs and any other engine with a matt finish could be done :concern: but it would take hours of sanding out the matt finish then a mechanical polish with a rotory tool to smooth it out . If your motor is already some what shiny like the DA's then achieving a chrome like finish with Mothers is easy peasy.