• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Real airplanes have round cowls. :banana-dance:
True.
KIMG0154.jpeg

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
@49dimes & @stangflyer

Will you two gentlemen go back to page 243 and tell me if you recognize what the red and black plastic piece is inserted a picture of in post 2428? There are no identifying marks on it whatsoever and it breaks into two parts. Rob helped me figure out what the "Mini Thor" is and it will be thrown in the trash as soon as I get a chance. The parts came in an unflown Great Planes Giant Stick with an Evolution 26 I bought from the widow of a fellow club member so I don't have the option of asking him what it is (thankfully). In a conversation with Rob, I mentioned that I was really hoping that it was some kind of voltage regulator. If you guy's don't know, the part is coming out and joining the Mini Thor in the trash can. The ignition module needs a voltage regulator since is only operates on 4.8 volts and the plane is running on two 2 cell LiFe batteries. Thanks Fellas.

David

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Now I am kind of confused, which is nothing new for me. . . . :laughing:. Why is it at least 18" away from the batteries, switches, ignition module & etc? Plus, I know for a fact that the Evolution is the only motor that has been installed on the plane. Maybe Evolution uses the same connector. I will do some more looking tonight, but I have a feeling reconstructive surgery will be required on the electrical system in the plane before it flies (which it has never done).

Thanks Fellas. . . . . :way_to_go: