• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Got started on my charge case upgrade today. Didn't make as much progress as I hoped. Took a little longer to install the new power supply than I had planned. But that's okay because I'm still thinking on how I want to arrange the chargers, balance boards and parallel boards.

Here's my old setup before I got started.

image.jpg
image.jpg

pawnshopmike

Staff member
First thing I had to do was remove the divider in the bottom of the case. It was separating the old power supply from the storage area.
Then I laid out the area for the new 24V power supply and cut a couple holes for the power plugs.

image.jpg

Then I drilled a bunch of holes for ventilation. And applied some Velcro Industrial Extreme to hold the power supply in place.

image.jpg

image.jpg

pawnshopmike

Staff member
My folks are here on a 3 month mission trip during the slow winter months, and I came down to spend a month or two with them.

I've done some looking and it looks like they have a nice paved strip and decent Rc club here but it's 3 1/2 hours away.

Nice. Sounds like a sweet winter break!